Infused Water Recipes

Options
juliahyeyon
juliahyeyon Posts: 23 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Share your favorite infused water recipe with a pic!

hopvg2wxdtn5.jpg

CUCUMBER LEMON RASPBERRY WATER...SO REFRESHING AFTER A WORKOUT!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    OP: I suggest you change your title , you made a smoothie. Enjoy
    Your body has a liver and kidney, there is no need for any "detoxes"
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    OK, here it is:

edit: Now that the title has been changed - nevermind.
  • juliahyeyon
    Options

Changed it to "infused" thanks for the suggestion.
  • juliahyeyon
    Options

Well, she made an infused water, since it doesn't look like she's eating the fruit. But yes, OP, that's not a detox water and your body doesn't need to detox any more than it already is doing on its own.

Changed it to "infused". Thanks for the suggestion!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    My favorite infused water:

cup-of-black-coffee1.jpg

Yummmmmm, me too!

But my husband makes lemon mint water and it's kind of always in our fridge. It's AMAZING and so flavorful. Tonight I'm going to save it for after my meal as a pallet cleanser and try to avoid an evening snack!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm a purist.

q85an8da1tld.png
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    OP-where did you get your infused bottle from? Thanks!
  • juliahyeyon
    Options
    OP-where did you get your infused bottle from? Thanks!

Hi ReaderGirl its actually a Core water bottle from 7-11. Something similar to Voss water. I just pull off the tag and add fruit. Its pretty hard to remove the fruit after so I just toss it after 2 to 3 uses.

8tihnki382d6.jpg
  • juliahyeyon
    Options
    I'm a purist.

q85an8da1tld.png

Always the BEST!!
  • juliahyeyon
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »

cup-of-black-coffee1.jpg

Yummmmmm, me too!

But my husband makes lemon mint water and it's kind of always in our fridge. It's AMAZING and so flavorful. Tonight I'm going to save it for after my meal as a pallet cleanser and try to avoid an evening snack!

I wanted to add mint to my water but I could never find it at my local grocery store (ah hem Food Lion lol) I read that grapefruit is great to. Help burn the fat they say? But Im sure mint would go taste with it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options

cup-of-black-coffee1.jpg

Yummmmmm, me too!

I wanted to add mint to my water but I could never find it at my local grocery store (ah hem Food Lion lol) I read that grapefruit is great to. Help burn the fat they say? But Im sure mint would go taste with it.

No, any fruit or herb you add to water is for flavor only. No magical fat burning effects. But it does make the water taste great. I put all kinds of different things in my water depending on the season and I grow my own mint so I have it fresh at all times. Just like a regular house plant I keep it on the ledge in my kitchen. Super easy and handy.
  • juliahyeyon
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

cup-of-black-coffee1.jpg

Yummmmmm, me too!

No, any fruit or herb you add to water is for flavor only. No magical fat burning effects. But it does make the water taste great. I put all kinds of different things in my water depending on the season and I grow my own mint so I have it fresh at all times. Just like a regular house plant I keep it on the ledge in my kitchen. Super easy and handy.

Thanks! Its great to learn these things!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lemon and cucumber.. So refreshing
  • bethanybruner
    bethanybruner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is orange/strawberry.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My favorite is cucumber, lemon, limes, mint and strawberries. But i always take the peels off of my citrus it makes my water bitter after awhile. Inmake my infused waters in a 1gallon pitcher and left over night it wouldnt be drinkable with those butter peels.