Starting a weight loss journey

Options
Hello and my name is Katie. I have always had a poor self image and always felt fat. Growing up I listened constantly to my mother saying how she was my age she was so thin. I used to be. I was small all the way till fourth grade. Then I developed a condition where I was always passing out. The doctor recomended a increase of sugar in my diet. Well my mom took that to mean sodas and junk food not healthy sugars. Growing into a teenager it only got worse in my mind. Looking back on old photos, I kick myself for ever thinking I was fat or ugly. I am now an adult and am 250lbs at only 5'1 and 26 yrs old. I have so many issues with myself and just want to get healthy for my child and myself. I am hoping to be able to update and keep people informed on my goals and progress

Replies

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Lots of us are walking the same journey, Princess. Wishing toy all the best!
  • ElleJayMD
    ElleJayMD Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Princess!

I can definitely relate. I always had body image issues, as well. When I look at pictures I can't believe how hard I was on myself. I wish I could go back and appreciate my body the way I should have. :-(
    I'm 28 years old, 5'1, and weigh 205 lbs. I am a mother too. My son is 6 years old.

If you'd like to keep in touch and help each other stay motivated, let me know!