What is the most embarrassing thing you've done at the gym?

Options

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Was at a resort in Cabo and using the gym. Looked out one of the exit doors and saw a Hot Tub. Stripped down, grabbed a towel and went and got in. Sat there for a few minutes and saw another door open. Hadn't seen it before. It was coming from the girl's workout area. She had a bathing suit on. I was nude. I couldn't get out. As people came and went, it was about 45 minutes before the tub cleared out and I was able to get out and make a run for it.

Hilarious.

reminds me of a middle-aged woman swimming topless in Mexico....we are at a "family" beach designed "family" "no nudes" and the guys there were age pre-teen to 85 oggling her *ahem* "floaties." I told her it was a family beach & no nudity...now SHE was embarrassed & sunk down into the water till someone brought her top to her. lol.
  • dolpus
    dolpus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Went to sit on a stability ball in front of all the people working out on cardio machines, ball popped out from under me and down I went.

I hate that ball too...lol
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I run....therefore, I fart.....

A lot....on the treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, rowing machine.....

I mean, a LOT!!

High fiber diet, lots of green beans, i'm old, Still kind of fat....
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Countless trips and slips on the treadmill for various reasons, mostly due to zoning out on a long run or getting distracted from other users.

Most embarrassing moment was when I had recently started training in a new gym, attempted a set of skull crushers with an EZ bar to realize I hadn't clipped the weight on. Before I knew it the weights on the right side of the bar crashed to the ground and the bar itself slammed against my forehead. Painful and embarrassing.
  • uthinkuknowme
    uthinkuknowme Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Any time I do hip thrusts and someone walks by.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When I was VERY pregnant and still working out with our trainer he had me doing these leg slide things *technical term hehe and as I was doing them I must have looked like a flailing baby deer because he said "Sarah, what are you doing?" ..... he learned to never make fun of a pregnant woman working out though haha.
  • elgringo9
    elgringo9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've thrown up before, that's embarrassing :(
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm really enjoying reading all these. Some of them are hilarious!

Just yesterday I was on the smith machine and there are four of them all lined up beside each other. I was on the far end one and had my water bottle right next to it. After doing bench presses, I moved the bench to get ready for my next exercise, then I get back to it. As I'm working out I see that my water bottle is gone. I look to the guy next to me and think, "did this a-hole really steal my water bottle? Wtf?" And I keep going... Only to look and realize I somehow just hopped over to the next machine, and my water bottle was still at the end machine which some dude was now using. I don't even know how the hell it happened. There was a guy on it just a minute ago too and I may have stolen it from him!! I have such bad anxiety, I was so embarrassed and kept thinking, "these guys all must think I'm a lunatic hopping from smith machine to smith machine!"
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    The worst was trying an assisted pull up, kept readjusting, thinking well maybe I just need a little more help... so I kept giving myself more and more of the assistance. Couldn't even do one with the most help offered. I doubt any person noticed, but I was embarrassed.
    Also all the times I almost threw up.
  • GirlOnFire319
    GirlOnFire319 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My embarrassing moment actually happened as I was leaving my house to go to the gym. I walked out of the front door (I tend to walk at a fast pace), and as I was looking down at my phone, I walked into a tree. I didn't fall down, but damn it hurt! I had to sit down for a bit. My dad saw it happen so he got a really good laugh out of it. I laughed too, but I suddenly felt sleepy. I took a nap and never made it to the gym. I had the worse headache ever. The next day, I went to work but, the headache was terrible and I just didn't feel normal. I ended up having to see a sports medicine doc that day. I had a concussion and whiplash
  • kcerica
    kcerica Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I fell off the stability ball... more like rolled off. I'm kind of rolly poly myself so I'm sure someone was laughing at the 'fat chick' but I don't care... I've been going there for 2 years straight and have seen lots of 'skinny' people come and go.

Lots of farts.. I sneezed once and wet myself too.
  • crawfzilla
    crawfzilla Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    When I first was working out I was dumbbell bench pressing weights way too heavy for me with my freind. He realized I couldn't do it and took one dumbbell out of my right hand. I was then was flipped off the bench and onto my face by dumbbell I was still holding in my left. T_T
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Crying at the end of yoga class. Twice.

I got choked up when a song came on in spinning class. Fortunately they turn out the lights and it was loud in there, so no one saw me. I did have trouble breathing though.

I tripped once on my step during a step aerobics class. I was in the front of the class.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Farts aren't embarrassing. That's just nature. I've farted in front of my sensei. He has farted in front of me, sometimes while having a simple conversation after class it can be quite the toot fest between everyone in the class.

Now what was really embarrassing was the time I accidentally kicked him in the jewels on my way down ,when he threw me, in front of the whole class. Or the time I broke a training partner's nose when she failed to get out of the way of my punch.

• dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    When I first started lifting I did not think I needed the spring clips on the curl bar, bar titled weights fell of one side bar tipped and everything went crashing to the floor. Someone chuckled, thats why you use the clips.

A few years ago instead of doing the elliptical I saw a cute girl on the stair stepper, there was another one beside her that was slightly back meaning I could see her yoga pants clearly. Well I had never done the stair stepper was not in the best shape and looked like a total idiot trying to keep up because I didn't have enough resistance.

I swear she stayed on longer knowing I was killing myself and to embaressed to quit, but finally had to and just left.