Whats on you menu for today?

Options
freakaleek1
freakaleek1 Posts: 58 Member
I know that some of us plan our meals out in advance, so whats on your menu for today?
Yesterday i had meat for the first time in about two weeks. Well I am some one who retains water very bad from the meat even if i don't put any salt in it. So today i am back on track with no meat to continue my weight loss and have no water retention. Here's my menu for the day....

Breakfast: 2 cups of black coffee with Stevia and 1 cup of watermelon- lots of water
Snack: 1 whole mango and 1 cup of honeydew melon- lots of water
Lunch: Large fresh salad all picked from my garden- Lettuce, cucumber, radishes, tomato w/ homemade Asian garlic lime dressing- Lots of water.
Snack: 1 cup carrot sticks w/ lots of water
Dinner:Home made ice tea w/ stevia and home made mango salsa stuffed in iceberg lettuce leafs.

I cant wait for dinner. LOL

Whats on you menu for today???

Replies

• possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am totally in to cottage cheese lately, with fruit, or tomatoes and chopped chives.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'M HAVING SPAGHETTI SQUASH FOR DINNER, FIRST TIME EVER, AND A SALAD!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wow, your meals souns delicious!!
    Breakfast: cereal and english muffin
    Lunch: PB&J, yogurt and a plum
    Dinner: Seared ahi tuna steaks, smiles (potatoes), and broccoli!

I can't wait for dinner either!
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    So far I've had special K with 1% milk. Not a big fan but wanted something other than oatmeal.
    Lunch will be tuna on whole wheat and a yogurt later as a snack
    Dinner is going to be honey garlic chicken breast with a caesar salad.
    And ice cream for dessert!! :)
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    How are you not starving all day? You need some protein girl! Keep you feeling full and still lose weight. Good luck :)

I had a greek yogurt w/granola for breakfast
    apple (snack)
    lunch will be a salad w/grilled chicken strips and light vinegarette dressing
    low fat cheese stick and a few wheat thins (snack)
    dinner is still undecided-prob veggie stir fry w/rice
  • CardioKara
    Options
    I am a person who needs to eat smaller meals more frequently. The meal plan for the day is:
    Breakfast:
    Black Coffee
    2 eggs
    Snacks:
    Yoplait Yogurt
    1 light Laughing Cow Cheese wedge
    Protein Shake
    Lunch:
    Whole wheat tortilla wrap with hummus and fresh vegetables
    Dinner:
    Chicken breast plain
    Fresh berry mix
    AND LOTS OF H20!!!!
  • sweetmeka238
    Options
    Ooh Mango lol!

Bkft: Peanut butter on wheat toast, coffee w/1 splenda and 1 tsp creamer
    Lunch: Tuna, tomato, onions on wheat toast and watermelon
    Dinner: IDK yet, you made me want something with salsa, maybe tilapia w/brown rice and salsa???

Oh and 2 cups of water w/each meal!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: coffee with sf creamer/splenda, grapes, wht bagel thin w/ham and cheese slice
    Snack: nectarine, parm/garlice triscuit crisps, frnch onion laughing cow cheese
    Lunch: docs chili (biggest loser recipe), Large fresh salad w/balsamic vinegar and croutons
    Snack: cheezits and maybe some grapes
    Dinner: spaghetti or spaghetti squash with meat/tomato sauce, garden salad and maybe garlic brd depending on cals from workout..
    snack: if calories allow - giant latte ice cream bar

water water water water and more water to drink including flavored sparkling water or crystal light....
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Mocha cappuccino, 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 orange, 1 slice of 12-grain toast, 1 slice American cheese and water.
    Morning Snack: Banana and water
    Lunch: Plain Greek Yogurt with Hidden Valley Harvest Dill dry mix (veggie dip), carrots, tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread and water
    Afternoon snack: Red grapes and water
    Dinner: Chicken Piccata with Pasta & Mushrooms and water
    Evening snack: Dove dark chocolate bar (1.30 oz)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Where is your protein girl? Are you vegan? Lunch is probably going to be gg white omelete with all the veggies a can find and put it in a multi-grain wrap. For dinner, I think i am going to make my yummy meatballs that i add mashed black beans and carrots chunks to the ground beef. it makes it so tender. With tomato sauce and some whole wheat spaghetti and watermelon for dessert. I am trying to stay low carb but i want it! lol
  • penguinfan03
    penguinfan03 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm so full from breakfast I can hardly think about the rest of today....

Breakfast - Chobani Black Cherry Yogurt, 15 sweet cherries, vanilla protein shake
    Snack - Green apple with 1 tbsp light carmel dip
    Lunch - Tuna with miracle whip on ezekiel bread
    Snack - 2 light string cheese sticks
    Dinner - 8 oz roasted turkey breast, stove top stuffing and green beans

Hello protein, how are you today?
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    All sounds good! For breakfast I had 1/3 cup of All Bran Buds and 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries. For lunch having 3 oz of deli shaved Sara Lee turkey on 100% whole wheat bread and a tsp of Hellman's mayo and a banana. A.M. snack will be 1/4 cup of Pineapple chunks. For supper, grilled chicken breast and 2 cups of Birdseye broccoli. P.M. snack will be an individual cup of Skinny Cow strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Throughout the day, all I drink is a TON of water. Any where from 12+ cups.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love planning my meals in advance! Here's my menu:

Breakfast - Oatmeal mixed with peanut butter and protein powder, and COFFEE!!
    Snack - Plain yogurt mixed with protein powder (it's like chocolate pudding, mm!), with more coffee!!
    Lunch - PB&J "protein paste" (peanut butter, sugar free blackberry jam, and chocolate protein powder mixed together) on whole grain bread, mixed salad greens with almond slices, flax seeds, and low fat walnut raspberry dressing
    Snack - Small banana
    Dinner - Chicken quesadilla - leftover chicken breast pieces, egg whites, swiss cheese, green peppers, and onions on a spinach and herb wrap, mixed salad greens on the side

I'm excited for my lunch!! :P I love my protein paste haha.
  • freakaleek1
    Options
    During the week i make my meals in advance, I have 5 kids and its impossible for me not to eat all their lil yummy foods unless i make mine in advance. lol :) Here are the pics of my meals today. I have already had my breakfast so i dont have a pic of the watermelon. I do alot better without meat then when i eat meat. For some reason meat make me so tired and when i wake up i feel like a train hit me.

Here are my snacks for the day
    6-20-2011001.jpg
    Here is my lunch
    6-20-2011003.jpg
    my dinner
    6-20-2011002.jpg
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    During the week i make my meals in advance, I have 5 kids and its impossible for me not to eat all their lil yummy foods unless i make mine in advance. lol :) Here are the pics of my meals today. I have already had my breakfast so i dont have a pic of the watermelon. I do alot better without meat then when i eat meat. For some reason meat make me so tired and when i wake up i feel like a train hit me.

6-20-2011001.jpg
    Here is my lunch
    6-20-2011003.jpg
    my dinner
    6-20-2011002.jpg

If i ate like that i would fail, i would run to the nearest mcdonalds and eat everything. I love veggies but that is so boring. When did you start eating like this?
  • freakaleek1
    Options
    Where is your protein girl? Are you vegan? Lunch is probably going to be gg white omelete with all the veggies a can find and put it in a multi-grain wrap. For dinner, I think i am going to make my yummy meatballs that i add mashed black beans and carrots chunks to the ground beef. it makes it so tender. With tomato sauce and some whole wheat spaghetti and watermelon for dessert. I am trying to stay low carb but i want it! lol

I am not vegan or vegetarian, I eat meat when i feel like i have a craving for it. I have never been a very big meat eater. For some reason every morning i kept feeling sick and still tired every morning when i woke up. So for about a month i played around with my diet to try in find out what my problem was. For me it was the meat and bread. I have never been much for eating dairy either. I drink milk when ever i feel like it which is almost never. I have always loved fresh fruits and veggies so now this is what i eat. I have been able to start dropping off weight and not retain water. my skin has cleared up and i swear i see less wrinkles:). Everyone lately has been asking me how i go that long with out meat, its just easy for me.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Looks great freakaleek1! Still try to fit in some protein though. It will help maintain healthy muscle tissue. You can get protein in the form of cheese, nuts, yogurt, eggs, etc. Protein will also help keep you fuller longer. It will give you much needed energy to keep you going throughout your day.
  • freakaleek1
    Options

6-20-2011001.jpg
    Here is my lunch
    6-20-2011003.jpg
    my dinner
    6-20-2011002.jpg

If i ate like that i would fail, i would run to the nearest mcdonalds and eat everything. I love veggies but that is so boring. When did you start eating like this?
    Your so funny, I like McDonalds too. Thank god its 20 minutes away from my house:)
    I have always eaten like this just with meat added in, I however have been actively been eating mostly veggies and fruit like this for about two weeks. I have had meat for one day each week for the past two weeks. In about two weeks i have went from 248 to 235. Not a huge jump but i think its really jump started my metabolism. when i get board i add in a new veggie or a different cooking method. For instance, i love love love fried rice and I cooked it all the same way just instead of using rice i finely chopped cauliflower and just added an egg white instead of the yolk, and then added the regular rest of the ingredients. It tasted the same and i loved it.
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No protein? Are you vegetarian?
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Cream of wheat with vanilla whey protein powder
    Lunch- Banana pancakes with a side of 3 egg whites and a slice of swiss cheese
    Snack- 24 Butter toffee natural almonds
    Snack- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    Dinner- Sweet potato and asparagus, carrots, zuccini steamed with olive oil

I know you arent asking for our input- But since you posted your food, be prepared that your gonna get alot of people saying the same thing about your diet.
    I agree- You need protein in your diet. This might work at first for you, but your gonna end up loosing all lean muscle mass. Its just not healthy to eat JUST fruits and vegtables. You need to add eggs, almonds, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or just plain ole' protein powder. You have basically NO protein or calcium and your body needs it.