Looking for plant based/ vegan/ vegetarian friends?

Options
Hi! I recently made a new mfp profile because my diet has changed so much and am now looking for more plant based- variety friends. I am new to this diet, so I still have some slip ups, but not many and I love it! After doing the 10 day green smoothie cleanse I realized how amazing I felt and wanted to eat in a way that was more geared toward that. Plus, a few documentaries on factory farming, the environment and our health later.... I am even more sure that I want to continue eating a plant based/ vegan/ whatever you want to call it... diet. So please add me if you'd like! I actually get on daily and feel all lonely on this new profile with no friends DX haha.

Replies

• aba_luna
    aba_luna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am vegan and I would love to have vegan friends on myfitnesspal. (:
  • blonde_passion
    blonde_passion Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Same! Would love to have more like-minded friends on here too, I'll add you both!
  • laineygymgirl
    laineygymgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ooh can you all add me too please?! I'm looking for vegan and veggie pals just logged back onto MFP x
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You already added me. What was your previous account? Did i have you on my list then?

Have you read much of the information at:

http://www.veganhealth.org/

It's a good place to learn about the nutrition issues that you will need to educate yourself about/pay attention to as you transition.

I've been doing this a long time in a sound, logical, science based way, so I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, or help you find resources.

• DaceyG1990
    DaceyG1990 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Add me too
  • apcecil
    apcecil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please add me. Just started the vegan lifestyle and need motivation to make this a lifelong change.
  • astrid141
    astrid141 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian--better for the animals, me and the earth. Add me! I am new to the community part of this app and I have no friends yet.
  • bumsa2016
    bumsa2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian as well, please feel free to add.
  • mbw3232
    mbw3232 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, I'll add you :)
    I try not to follow any diets within veganism by the way :)
  • Cohalligan
    Cohalligan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I self-identify as a "flexitarian" because I was stressing out over the vegan / vegetarian labeling. I am trying to eat predominantly vegan, but I will eat fish / cheese / eggs if I am in an absolute pinch or to prevent food wastage (my husband / daughter aren't on a plant based diet.)
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You can add me..

I am not a vegan or vegetarian, but I'd argue I love fruits and vegetables more than most vegetarians! My wife is pescatarian (fish probably once or twice a week) otherwise lacto-ovo vegetarian so I cook a good amount of vegetarian. Don't find it a challenge as I don't see the need to add meat to veggies (ie bacon with brussel sprouts). Also sine we cook a lot of Chinese (Sichuan primarily), Thai, Indian and Mediterranean, it is easy to make meatless dishes...and I'll just make a meat dish as a side for me and the boys....though I have a feeling the oldest will follow in his Mums footsteps.

For me, since I started losing weight and going to be gym, nam eating far more meat...but now am looking better options. This week just found a wholesaler of chicken and lamb that offers Mennonite farmed, free run, omega3 chicken for a price better than Costco...Robles is that I have to buy 25 kilo...so I'll guess I'll have bring out the food saver.

N the recipe section you'll see many of my dinners....
  • heather_j20
    heather_j20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also a new vegan and would love to have some vegan friends! Please add me :)
  • OtisLove
    OtisLove Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me too ... Vegetarian for life ... I'm just now restarting my account here and am looking to jazz things up with some new friends and supports ...
  • Jstm0m
    Jstm0m Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also new to veganism. I've been researching/transitioning for about a year, but have health issues, so, I've been trying to make sure it's the right fit for me. I have a histamine disorder and cannot eat some fruits/veggies/grains but I've found some vegans in the histamine community, so I'm making the switch. It just seems right for me. I don't want to become junk food vegan, but am trying to transition my kids as well. So I make make some less healthy choices as we try some new foods to replace their current favorites.
  • magilla_guerilla
    magilla_guerilla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plant based diet for about 3 months now and it's amazing how good I feel. Definitely helps to have a support network. Feel free to add me
  • Meggybird
    Meggybird Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, but I am really interested in understanding more about plant based diets. I'd really love to see what all of you veggies' meals are like each day. Feel free to add me. My diary is open.
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've recently transitioned to a vegetarian diet.
  • simplycidalia73
    simplycidalia73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm attempting to transition to a plant-based diet. A challenge since the rest of my family of 5 is and will likely remain omni. Add me up!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I am eating about an 80% plant based diet currently. Love it! :)