New here...

Options
Hello everyone, I'm Vanessa!

I'm from Maryland, I'm 40 years old... soon to be 41! *gasp*, married with a step-daughter. I'm actively on a weight loss journey and so far it feels amazing. The journey started without me knowing it. See, we got a puppy back in January and with me constantly having to keep an eye on her during her potty training and walking her, I noticed I was losing weight. Not much... maybe a pound or so a week. I couldn't figure out why I was losing. My weight at the time was 299; I was a serious couch potato and my eating habits were awful. Fast food at least two times a week. I soon figured out that it must be the dog, so I started walking her even more and at further distances. It worked well for me and for her.

I started walking every chance I could. Parking at further distances and walking to further metro stations. Soon I was down 10 lbs and knew I didn't want to stop. So a few weeks ago I ordered Turbo Fire by Beachbody and started watching what I ate (using MFP). In the past two weeks, I've dropped another 8.8 lbs. My current weight is 280.2. I'm now addicted and l can't wait to workout. I'm not a stranger to working out. Ten years ago I used to do it every day, sometimes twice a day and lost a ton of weight, but I stopped and gained it all back and then some. Which brings us to today. Somehow this feels different. I know what I have to do and how to do it, only this time it has to be for life and not for a period of time. My goal is to get down to 250 by Oct 1, 2011. At that time I'll set new goal.

Vanessa

Replies

• jid314
    jid314 Posts: 71
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! MFP has truly changed my life. I'm not working out any more but am very strict on my calories. I punched in 2lbs/wk in MFP and have stuck with it for about 6 weeks. My last weigh in over a week ago I was down 19lbs! I feel amazing, just as you do!

Welcome and keep it up!
  • Jill3lizabeth
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right path. This site is great for educational tools. We so often eat without realizing the lack of balance in our diet. How's Turbo working for you. I bought Richard Simmons b/c I thought it was the only workout I could keep up with at 230 lbs. Though exercise is a stranger to me. I can work hard, when I feel motivated, but I pay for it for days with back pains. Keep up the good work, and start each day a new.
  • vmrink
    vmrink Posts: 42
    Options
    @Jill3lizabeth, if I'm motivated, I'll work hard. TF has that fast pace I like, but the music is what sold me when I saw the informecial a few weeks ago. Being that I'm so much more overweight the normal TF'er, I still find that I'm able to keep up. I started by doing the low-impact version and with each class I try to up it to the high impact. In the past weeks of using it I've lost about 9 lbs. I've never done a workout DVD but I LOVE this workout. It's how I start my day before work.

@jid314 Thanks for the welcome. So far I love the MFP app. I just today signed into the web site. I like it here too. :-)