What's in Your Meal Plan for This Week

Options
2»

Replies

• jables85
    jables85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm only cooking for one, so I usually eat the same thing for about 3 days with minor switch ups with the type of fruit or protein I'm eating. I even cook my oatmeal and quinoa in advance (each Sunday) and then just heat up a single servings to cut down on prep time.

Bfast: 1/2 Cup Oatmeal + Honey + Apple + Black Coffee

Snack: Boiled Egg (Jumbo) + Green Tea

Lunch: 1/2 Cup Quinoa + 1 Cup Steamed Kale + 4 oz. Chicken
    (I steam the kale for 1 minute with some water in the microwave. I make my proteins - chicken, boiled eggs - in advance too and then reheat).

Snack: Protein Shake w/ 2 tbspn Coconut Milk, Handful of Ice, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond Milk, 1/2 frozen banana, and 1/2 serving of Isolyze Vanilla Peanut Butter Powder

Snack #2 (I'm usually hungrier in the afternoon and like to fuel up before my 5pm workouts): Grapefruit, Boiled Egg (Jumbo), Broccoli

Dinner: Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs with Kale, Onion, and Ginger + Spinach + Quinoa (optional depending how hungry I still am after my workout...usually I don't crave carbs in the evening)

Dessert: If I'm not settling for a hot cup of tea I let myself have a 100 Calorie Serving of Jiffy Pop or a 45 Calorie Fudgsicle with a handful of almonds.

I always use the same basic meal make-up, just switch out fruits, proteins, and veggies when I'm bored.
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Monday- Eggs and Bacon baked in Avocado
    Tuesday- Minestrone Soup
    Wednesday- Pizza takeout (request of boyfriend)
    Thursday- Chicken with Deconstructed Guac
    Friday- Fajita Bowel
    Saturday- Fishcake
    Sunday- Chicken Cordon Bleu
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    This week I'll do: shepherds pie, greek pasta (chicken, tomato, kalamata olives, feta, etc), chicken nachos, and meatloaf.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Meal Plan? Eat when I'm hungry ... about 2 hours after waking up for the first meal and about 3 hours before going to bed for the last meal. Include 2 servings of fruit a day, not by itself but as part of a meal's ingredients. Eat 1/4 cup nut or 2 tablespoons nut butter every day, as part of a meal or snack with veggies. Eat at least 2 1/2 cups of vegetables a day, etiher in a soup, a salad, or as a side raw or steamed without sauces or creams. Use lemon juice and olive oil for the salad topping, if having salad. Eat some form of protein every day (meat/seafood/legume) up to about 6 ounces for the day, preferrably dry pan sauted, broiled, boiled, or stir-fried. Have one-three servings of whole grain a day, (like oatmeal, whole grain bread, buckwheat groats, corn, etc). Eat or drink 2 servings of dairy product a day. Drink enough water to make my urine pale in color. Have 2 cups of coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon, a serving of wine in the evening. Allow 1 restaurant prepared meal, allow 1 dessert that is baked or frozen this week. Be generous with spices and thrity with salt, avoid added sugar except in desserts.

Today ... breakfast: oats, apple, peanut butter, cinnamon, coffee. Lunch: Tuna salad with celery and onions on a bed of lettuce and carrots with olive oil and cider vinegar, small orange. Dinner, 1/2 Chicken breast without the tender stir fried with shredded cabbage, onions, carrots.celery, ginger, garlic. Snack: air popped pop corn.
  • k8mcminn
    k8mcminn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love the Excel spreadsheet! Is that off of a website?

We plan our weeks meal before shopping. This week we are having grilled pork loin kabobs with kale, Chicken picatta with salad, Mediterranean tilapia with roasted cauliflower, vegetarian bimbipbap. Lunches are salad, protein and this week cantelope
  • Barrett9835
    Barrett9835 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    breakfast this week: banana or 1 fried egg with 1 sausage link
    Lunch: 2 thin slices of low sodium turkey breast with 1 slice of Munster cheese and a little mustard with a cucumber

Dinner: taco's, homemade chicken pot pie, tortellini, kielbasa with rice,

I save most of my calories for night time...I eat dinner go for a 2 mile walk then come home to a snack either a sugar free fudge pop 40 cals or an apple with hummus.....
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have a marathon next weekend, so this week's meals are definitely more carb heavy than normal:

Monday: Spinach and mushroom risotto with sauteed shrimp
    Tuesday: Chicken enchiladas
    Wednesday: Cheesesteak baked potatoes
    Thursday: Homemade ricotta gnocci with vodka sauce
    Friday: Chicken stuffed sweet potatoes and Mexican corn salad

I always have left overs for lunch. Today was a Cobb salad. Breakfast is usually a protein bar and a piece of fruit or a protein shake, but this week I will probably do some overnight oats with dried fruit.
  • Amerane
    Options
    k8mcminn wrote: »
    Love the Excel spreadsheet! Is that off of a website?

We plan our weeks meal before shopping. This week we are having grilled pork loin kabobs with kale, Chicken picatta with salad, Mediterranean tilapia with roasted cauliflower, vegetarian bimbipbap. Lunches are salad, protein and this week cantelope

No, it's just something I came up with to better help me plan out my meals. Breaking it down lets me build calorie-appropriate meals while looking at grocery store sales flyers, and it helps construct the final grocery list.
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This 30-minute turkey chili is on for tonight! We make this at least once a month and have for the last several years. We always have everything the recipe calls for on hand. This is a very hearty chili but so simple. We always top it with a little shredded cheese and a dollop of plain greek yogurt (tastes like sour cream). http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/30-minute-turkey-chili-recipe.html
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My plan for the week is out the window, but if you want to see what it would have looked like you can see my Monday in my diary. Breakfast wasn't going to change, lunch isn't changing, dinner would normally change slightly as I rotated among a few vegetable choices and a few different kinds of meat and bread. Nothing fancy.
  • alexandriamccann26
    alexandriamccann26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thai curry chicken and veggies over quinoa, caprese chicken, spaghetti squash boats, slow cooker taco chicken and enchilada stuffed chicken breasts. Yummm
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have ground chicken, ground turkey, chicken breasts, pork chops, and Italian sausages. Then cauliflower, peppers, onions, zucchinis, russet potatoes, and a bunch of frozen veggies.

Still not really sure about what I'm going to make with all that though.
  • Amerane
    Options
    hvnuxkzy1boj.png

Finally got my meal plan settled for the week. First time I've cooked with lentils :smiley:
  • curvesfordays8907
    curvesfordays8907 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Tonight Tuscan white bean and sausage soup with a spinach salad,

Tomorrow will have leftovers with a salad
    Wednesday will be pene with leftover meat sauce
    Thursday "fancy" ramen soup
    Friday a big salad with shrimp
    Saturday cheeseburgers
    And Sunday is cheat day
  • HellyFaye
    HellyFaye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My dinners:
    M -green goddess baked potatoes (http://ohmyveggies.com/green-goddess-baked-potatoes/)
    T- Slow Cooker mushroom-lentil stuffed cabbage rolls (http://ohmyveggies.com/slow-cooker-mushrooom-lentil-stuffed-cabbage-rolls/)
    W - Mexican Sweet Potato Bowl with Cashew-Lime Cream (http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2015/09/mexican-sweet-potato-bowl-with-cashew.html)
    T-Summer Slow Cooker Lasagna with Zucchini and Eggplant
    (http://ohmyveggies.com/summer-slow-cooker-lasagna/#p5Q3FGHyGVlFgldb.99)
    F- QUINOA CAULIFLOWER BOWL WITH ALMOND SRIRACHA SAUCE. (http://www.veganricha.com/2014/01/quinoa-cauliflower-collard-bowl-with.html)

Breakfasts are yogurt and homemade granola, lunches are usually leftovers.