Food ideas today? Help?

Options
I'm going to a baby shower today I'm going to try not to eat and bad snacks (I'm full from breakfast) but if I feel peckish what sort of snack should I be going for? The food will be cold buffet style

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Ones that fit in to your calorie, macro and micronutritional goals.

So, whilst practicing moderation, that should be anything.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'd just plan to get one plate of food and not stress much about it.
    Get things like vegetables, meats, fruits, eggs. You might want to limit or avoid fried foods, crackers, chips, cheese, nuts, dips, condiments, desserts if you feel concerned.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I make myself eat 5 vegetables between each "junkier" snack. Helps myself get full on stuff that is more low cal, low sodium.
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If there's a veggie tray, go for that! Honestly, this is one of those "special events" where you should just let your guard down, live a little, and have fun! If you're too concentrated on eating right you aren't going to enjoy as much as you could. When I have events like this I limit myself to one plate, and give myself a very small portion of everything I want to eat, including any dessert, and then load up with vegetable crudites or fruit salad.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    There's always a fruit & veggie tray - avoid the dip.

Avoid the crackers and cheese or chips & dip

Drink water or tea instead of soda & lemonade

Allow yourself one sweet treat (cookie, small slice of cake or the like)

Don't say you "can't" have anything. Say you "don't" eat those things - makes it a choice not a restriction. :)
  • vickiebailey16
    vickiebailey16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone