can I lose 1 stone(14lbs) by the end of June?

Options
0mid0
0mid0 Posts: 11 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I have 2 months, is this doable? If so, how many calories do you reckon I should consume if I do moderate intensity exercise 5x a week, my work is sedentary. I'm 5'4 and currently weigh 11stone 3lbs.

Replies

• Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well, I have lost just over half a stone last month so I would say it is possible but perhaps not advocated depending on how much you have to lose in total. A safe bet for not a lot of weight to lose is 0.5-1 pound a week, which would put you around 9/10 pounds down.

Funnily enough I'm actually aiming for a stone loss as well and I am the same weight as you currently but I am 5'3. Since I lost 8 pounds last month I think I can manage the stone potentially but I know as lose weight my body will need less fuel so it will be harder to keep the deficit I need.

I'm aiming for 1 pound a week realistically though, so that's 8-10 pounds.
  • 0mid0
    0mid0 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Alarae21 wrote: »
    Well, I have lost just over half a stone last month so I would say it is possible but perhaps not advocated depending on how much you have to lose in total. A safe bet for not a lot of weight to lose is 0.5-1 pound a week, which would put you around 9/10 pounds down.

Funnily enough I'm actually aiming for a stone loss as well and I am the same weight as you currently but I am 5'3. Since I lost 8 pounds last month I think I can manage the stone potentially but I know as lose weight my body will need less fuel so it will be harder to keep the deficit I need.

Thanks, that sounds promising. What's your calorie deficit.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You coild turn on your crazy healthy switch for 2 months and eat nothing but like weight losing things? Like nuts and spinachs and grapefruit and stuff like that
  • Alarae21
    Options
    0mid0 wrote: »

Thanks, that sounds promising. What's your calorie deficit.

To lose 2 pounds a week (which you would need to aim for, if not slightly less) you need a deficit of 1000kcal a day. My deficits can be higher than 1000kcal some days and less on others, but I seem to average out around 900kcal under per day across the week.

I work out Mon-Sat for 11 hours in total (12 classes). I also have a lunch time walk for 30 mins.

It's crazy hard to keep a large deficit going for the weight loss, but I'm managing it with the additional exercise I do. I don't deprive myself of anything and have chocolate every day! I also aim to have a night out every week or so as well. I just manage over the week so I can ensure I'll be in a deficit overall.
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm always aiming to lose a stone by then! Let's do this together!
  • teedwards90
    teedwards90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to for stone by then too ! I have lost 5 and half stone but just put stone back on after break up. The best advise i have ever been given is breakfast like a king , lunch like a queen , tea like a pauper. Basically make sure your evening meal is lightest / carb free. It works really well xx
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »
    You coild turn on your crazy healthy switch for 2 months and eat nothing but like weight losing things? Like nuts and spinachs and grapefruit and stuff like that

Is this a joke? Weight losing things don't exist. You can lose weight by eating BigMac's every day as long as you expend more calories than you consume.
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I gave my body a complete shock going from alcohol often, overeating and no physical activity and started eating clean, sticking to 1200-1300 kcal and working out - lost a stone in a month, going from 13stone to 11.9stone. So, it is possible if you commit yourself completely.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Well 14 pounds divided over the next 8 weeks would mean a loss of 1.75 a week. Technically it may be possible, but as you have relatively little to lose I'm not sure it would be sustainable.
    What is happening at the end of June, and why do you need to be a specific weight by then?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I want to know what's happening in June that people need to lose so much weight by then!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I want to know what's happening in June that people need to lose so much weight by then!

Gotta look good for Armageddon.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

Oh, I thought it was the alien invasion. Guess I'll have to change my plans if it's actually Armageddon.
  • Alarae21
    Options

Well considering my first wedding dress fitting is on 6th July, I think I have an actual goal ;)

Plus I have always stated losing a stone is a goal, but I'll be happy enough with a pound a week loss as I am realistic that it is difficult to upkeep such a large deficit as you get smaller and I am looking to prevent lean body mass loss.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    cityruss wrote: »

Oh, I thought it was the alien invasion. Guess I'll have to change my plans if it's actually Armageddon.

Nope. The alien invasion is definitely in August. Armageddon is in June. And I think there's a zombie apocalypse pencilled in for July.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options

Well considering my first wedding dress fitting is on 6th July, I think I have an actual goal ;)

Plus I have always stated losing a stone is a goal, but I'll be happy enough with a pound a week loss as I am realistic that it is difficult to upkeep such a large deficit as you get smaller and I am looking to prevent lean body mass loss.

This . . . yup: That's so smart & sensible. You'll look vibrant, healthy and beautiful for your eventual wedding; you will succeed. You sound like nearly all the folks I know on MFP who already have succeeded.

The "lose super fast" folks? Not so much. Works sometimes. Fails lots.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »

For the love of god.......NO.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jen_bush wrote: »
    I gave my body a complete shock going from alcohol often, overeating and no physical activity and started eating clean, sticking to 1200-1300 kcal and working out - lost a stone in a month, going from 13stone to 11.9stone. So, it is possible if you commit yourself completely.

So now "shock" is defined as making better dietary choices and moving more?