Stubborn Lower Belly Pouch

Options
I'm currently on my weight loss journey and my progress is pretty amazing. However, my lower belly refuses to budge. I exercise up to 5 times a week (mostly cardio - running, spin and zuumba), I'm also on a pretty close to strict low carb no added sugar diet. Not sure what's the next step to overcome this hurdle. Any ideas??

Replies

• Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Lift!! It'll reshape you. And make sure you're under calories, regardless of whether you're eating sugar etc or not.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You need to start some resistance training / lifting... weights work wonders :smiley:
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yep, at this point it boils down to genetics. You can't spot-lose fat, but making sure the muscles are toned can help reduce the appearance while you wait on your body to get around to using that particular blob.
    Also, POSTURE. Mama was on to something when she kept on us to "stand up straight" when we were younger.
  • kelseyframe91
    kelseyframe91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Check out Popsugar Fitness on YouTube. Loads of great excersises for the abdominals
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    All you can do is keep doing what your doing and eventually it will come off, lifting will help a little but As stated you can't spot reduce, I intended to stop losing weight at 200 lbs but unfortunately still have a decent sized belly pouch and chest so 190 and still dropping weight until it goes away.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Check out Popsugar Fitness on YouTube. Loads of great excersises for the abdominals

which are great for fitness but won't make any difference to the pouch at all because you can't spot reduce. i do massive ab work because i like it, but it hasn't made the slightest difference to the belly.
  • MissJade23
    MissJade23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for the great advice!

I used to do resistance training but stopped for a bit because I didn't want to build too much muscle mass. I'm in the biggest loser competition at work and currently in 2nd place - lost 15lbs total so far! 4 More weeks to go!!! I just wish I could lift without being heavier when I have to weigh in.

• MissJade23
    MissJade23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I love Popsugar its an awesome information source!! Thanks!!