HCLF Vegan

Options
2»

Replies

• ItsABreeThing
    ItsABreeThing Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ang. Protein has got to be one of the most overrated nutrients there is. Plant foods have all 20 amino acids our body needs. And our body is so efficent at storing protein and breaking that down into amino acids that we have an extra 20-50g of it stored in our body at any given time.

Nutritionfacts.org. please visit this website. Its a great resource led by Dr Michael Gregor.
  • ItsABreeThing
    ItsABreeThing Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know the medical term for protein deficency? It's called kwashiorkor.
    Do you hear of anyone diagnosed with this disease? No? That's because you need to 1. Starve yourself or 2. Eat nothing but jello (which isn't vegan anyways) to be protein deficent.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »
    I'm definitely high carb, but not really low-fat. (Is high-carb, moderate-fat a thing? :D ) Please feel free to add, if that's your cup of tea. Diary is open.

That's kind of what I do (just from personal preferences and it's how I feel best). I do about 55-60% carbohydrates, 25-30% fat.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Im glad this group is here. There are so many ridiculous group on mfp promoting all meat diets, ketogenic diets, all protein diets.... It's absolutely insane.
    lol.......
    Seriously? Calm down.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    There is vegan jello just sayin... Lol I just bought some