I store all of my fat in my thighs.

Options
bmb42
bmb42 Posts: 19 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys,

I've been lifting for about two years and have built a pretty good physique. I weight roughly 113 (5 foot 4) and have defined arms and stomach, but I tend to hold most of my fat in my legs. I'm at 19% body fat. I eat well. I aim for at least 115g protein, 41g fat, and 253 carbs. I'm almost always over on fat and I never reach my carbs. I know I can't spot reduce, but does anyone have any tips in terms or macros and exercise? I'm just kind of at a loss of what to do.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

It sounds like you're pear-shaped. I am too. I've just learned to accept it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'd have to see a picture to give any suggestions. You may store more fat in your thighs than you do elsewhere but that, in and of itself, is not necessarily a bad thing. Rare is the person whose fat distribution is proportional across the board but most women who have 19% bf look fine. There can be an exception of course but without seeing it, there's not much we can offer.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I do too. I'm 5'3.5" and 110 pounds. There was an interesting video posted recently where Lyle McDonald said that many women who are trying to get leaner tend to lose fat from their upper body first. Progress will take time and patience.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    I do too. I'm 5'3.5" and 110 pounds. There was an interesting video posted recently where Lyle McDonald said that many women who are trying to get leaner tend to lose fat from their upper body first. Progress will take time and patience.

Yep. He talked about "ripped delts" or something like that. It stuck out to me because my fat loss order is kind of atypical for a woman. Barely any leg fat but still holding it in shoulder/back/stomach.
  • mamafazz
    mamafazz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is me 2...at least we will have less heart disease than apple shaped women...also I think men (at least my husband does) really prefers the pear shaped woman as apposed to Apple shapes with no booty
    Embrace it
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Have you been looking at pictures of other women's legs? Stop. They could be photoshopped and give you unrealistic expectations.

http://yeah.buzzlie.com/celeb-images-photoshop-to-the-rescue/3/

412cc9514a8682e9b497fa21ac68c1b8.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence’s modeling pics are the perfect example that showcases why the modeling industry (and their photoshoppers especially!) are out of control! When looking at Jennifer, it’s hard (if not impossible) to find a real physical flaw. The girl is hot all around, has great legs and a beautiful smile.

Yet, the photoshop “artist” in charge of this picture still found her flawed in several ways. Instead of just retouching the minor lighting and shadow imperfections, this artist decided that her legs were just too fat and had to slim them down, and that her waist was reminiscent of some of the contestants on The Biggest Loser prompting him to make her even skinnier than she is already. Completely unnecessary.
  • BranwynTaffy
    BranwynTaffy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if you are only looking at your thighs & they're not as large as you think? As someone else said... we can only judge via pics, which may or may not be what you'd want. We all tend to be our own worst enemies when it comes to appearance. I spent my teens-30s thinking I was fat (because jealous people told me so) & when I look back on pics, I was virtually emaciated at 5'7" & 105-lbs. I don't know how I could have felt so, but I trusted the wrong people & wasted years thinking what was fed to me.

Please stop criticizing yourself. We each store "fat" in certain areas. And, since we are often more judgmental with our own physique, perhaps you don't have fat thighs, but muscular thighs. I have 2 sisters barely 5" tall... they have defined thighs & butts. It's not fat... it's that cheerleader type of physique, which I'd love to have. At 5'7", they make fun of me that I have "no butt". Okay... I'm longer & leaner & store fat in my waist / stomach. It's perspective. Don't pick at yourself. I'm sure you look gorgeous, given how much exercise you've done & saying you have defined abs... lucky you! I haven't seen you, but I'm sure you're just being hard on yourself.

Your thighs are not the only part of your body & I assure you, you notice them more than anyone else does. I'll bet many pass you daily, thinking how fit you look. If you'd like to post pics, do so... otherwise, stop comparing yourself to 6' tall models, who never eat. The average person doesn't look like them & many of them are not happy with their own lives. Trust me... I used to work in the industry.

Praise yourself for all your hard work & stop criticizing. I'm sure you're the envy of many who'd love to have the dedication & physique you possess.