Overcoming prescribed ephedrine and still losing fat 100% naturally with LCHF and IF.

Options
C110266
C110266 Posts: 67 Member
I found nothing, absolutely nothing, online about coming off of prescribed by doc (who was at a loss as to what else to do with me!) about what else I could possibly do to get off the yo-yo weight train where I could keep losing after X amount of weeks on a billion diets and not gaining it back. This last episode of ephedrine was to be for just 3 months to get me started, then the doc wanted me to get on the Pritikin diet. I immediately bought the book so that when the 3 months of pills were over I would be more than ready to keep losing. I picked up the book and lost interest in it. It felt like just another diet.

What I did do what read up on LCHF and IF. Guess what, it is working and easily working. Low carb high fat and with IF (intermittent fasting) eating just a certain amount of hours of the day (your choice as to when) with zero desire to eat sugars, carbs, or even outside of the timeframe I have set for myself. Who would have known that eating whole fats (nothing light or sugar free) would do the trick. My body is quite happy and I feel so darn good. It's only been 6 weeks and I am down 22lbs. I feel so great I had to share. If anyone is interested in learning more about what I have done personally to make this happen I am happy to share. I know this weight loss road all too well. Yo-yo and constant dieting my whole life is a crappy crappy way to live. I do not and have not felt like i have missed any foods and my energy level has skyrocketed. I truly feel happy inside and out. I still have a haul but I HAD to let someone know there is a real way to do this without overexercising or feeling like you are missing out. Finally, finally, finally, I have found my way.

I have plenty to say and share if you want to feel very content with your meal choices. This is no ad in any way shape or form ,i just want to help others that simply have struggled for many years. It can be done and it can be done graciously just by eating what your body needs to lose the fat permanently. You have to want to eat and focus on protein, fat, and very minimal (but very doable) carbs. Keeping track on MFP is a great way to do so. You can do it.

Replies

• KaraKoelbel
    KaraKoelbel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Reading your experience sounds like mine. I have tried everything and I sick of it. Sick of feeling hungry, sick of feeling restricted, and sick of parting with my money just to feel hungry and restricted again. The worst part is how overweight and uncomfortable I have become. I seriously need to loose about 50lbs which is difficult at my age of 53. Please share with me what you did if you don't mind. Thanks.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finding a plan that works for you. Keep it up.
  • C110266
    Options
    I am so happy to share that my hairs are sticking up. I KNOW HOW DEFEATED I have felt. It's the most awful feeling. We walk around with fake smiles and feel like crap. It's horribly depressing. Please look up on FB the group called LCHF. There are few. Choose the one that has over 50K members. Closed groups. Start reading and paying attention to the feed. It's actually addicting to keep reading. Also, I never would have considered IF (Intermittent fasting) but wow what a difference. You determine what your macros are based on your height. I am 5'8. I eat 1244 calories a day, 126 grams of protein, 76 g of fat, 26 carbs. The carbs seem low but this is where our issue lays. We have fat, how come fat people have to keep eating and we don't use up stored fat? We have to eat fat. I have been low fat and a reduced fat eating girl my whole life. That is what we were taught. WRONG. There is absolutely no cost involved in this way of life. No one is trying to sell you anything. NOTHING. It did take me a few days to adjus so that my carbs were less than 50g per day but oh my gosh, the things you do get to eat are so satisfying. I was lucky enough to eat whole foods mostly but i still craved the darn sugar and carbs especially before bed. My doc was telling me that i needed to eat 250 carbs per day! For what? To keep taking the newly diagnosed meds for TYPE II? Not this girl. I knew i needed to find my way. This is it. I am so thrilled. You get to eat whole butter, whole sour cream, whole cheese (nothing reduced). I would not be saying any of these but i know the internally struggles that everyone faces and all of the darn bs diet this or that. This is an easy way to live. I am so serious that I would put my life on it. It works. LONG TERM. If you would like please add me to your FB page, Chris Summers, or add me to MFP. I am so happy to answer any questions. I am not an expert, I am just on the journey with you.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    There are many folks in these boards that follow the keto diet. It definitely can work for some folks. I believe there is a low carb group that hopefully someone can link. It is filled with fellow low carb and keto folks.
  • C110266
    Options
    I do follow the LCHF FB pages and have looked on the Community site on here on MFP too. It's truly working for me with barely any effort, just focus. Thank you.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    There are many folks in these boards that follow the keto diet. It definitely can work for some folks. I believe there is a low carb group that hopefully someone can link. It is filled with fellow low carb and keto folks.

This one?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of IF folks there as well.
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That's really intriguing. You eat less than 1300 calories per day though? Sounds like you would be through your calories in a hurry eating HF, because it contains so many more calories. Just curious, good on ya' for finding something that works!
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

This one?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of IF folks there as well.

Yep. Thanks @Sabine_Stroehm.

OP, have a look at that group.
  • C110266
    Options
    You would be totally surprised at how full you feel eating foods that your body loves. It makes total sense to me. I never understood how come overweight people don't burn up their stored fat. You have to access the fat thru eating fats before the stored fat can be accessed. If we eat carbs, we don't access our stored fat.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    C110266 wrote: »
    You would be totally surprised at how full you feel eating foods that your body loves. It makes total sense to me. I never understood how come overweight people don't burn up their stored fat. You have to access the fat thru eating fats before the stored fat can be accessed. If we eat carbs, we don't access our stored fat.

A calorie deficit causes fat loss. I lost plenty of fat while eating 2-300 grams of carbs per day. Again, glad you found something that worked for YOU. Just remember, it's one way, not the only way.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Seems Some people just seem to respond to low carb and other strictly CICO - I'm low carb & it's great to find something that will work
  • C110266
    Options
    Exactly! This is what is working for me and probably a huge portion of the population that has been told that fat is bad. Low fat, sugar free...it's bs. The diabetes epidemic is more than scary. Someone has to take the bull by the horn. I thank you for your support and kind words. Education is everything. We simply cannot go by what the good old doc has to say. If i did I would have given up a LONG time ago. I really think it depends on your body shape and listening to what it needs and what it feels good eating. (mentally, emotionally, psychologically, physically).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!