Breakfast is never filling to me?

Options
It doesn't seem to matter if i have a 100 calorie breakfast or a 300 calorie one, i'm always hungry a couple hours later regardless. Does anyone else have this... "problem"?

100- apple
300- 2 eggs, vegetable (like peppers) and a side of fruit

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    How do you go if you don't eat breakfast?

I usually skip breakfast as i'm not hungry and the calories are better spent on dinner/lunch for me. If I force myself to eat breakfast, I get hungrier quicker than I would if I didn't eat breakfast.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Try eating a breakfast with higher protein/fat content - it should keep your satisfied longer than one that is primarily simple carbohydrates.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    For 300 I make a whole wheat english muffin with a poached egg, avocado and salsa...so completely filling! (and delicious!)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Could it be thirst? I often drink a lot of water in the mornings - thirsty.
    Open your diary, you could be doing something like just eating the egg whites.
  • Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think the 2 eggs probably hit the protein/fat goals. Add some complex carbs?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    n1cholee93 wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to matter if i have a 100 calorie breakfast or a 300 calorie one, i'm always hungry a couple hours later regardless. Does anyone else have this... "problem"?

100- apple
    300- 2 eggs, vegetable (like peppers) and a side of fruit

Maybe add some fats... or have a piece of toast with your eggs instead of fruit.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Some people find that breakfast makes them more likely to be hungry. Maybe either try skipping or just eat a small (100 cal) breakfast and a second breakfast (100-200 cal) when you get hungry again, if 300 is your preferred target. How often people eat and when seems to be personal preference. Some like a small number of large meals, some like lots of smaller ones.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    ditto on the toast. complex carbs last longer than sugars. or try oats, which are not only a great carb but has plenty of fiber. i make mine with a mix of non-fat milk and water, sweeten with stevia and add non-fat greek yogurt or fat-free protein powder to taste.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The key for me is to wait until I'm hungry to have it. Then make sure that I have some fiber and fat in it (it seems to matter more to me than protein). But even then, on a good day I'll need lunch 3 hours later.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You're probably not hungry. Lots of people aren't hungry in the morning. Try not eating breakfast, or eat it later. (Do hydrate, though.) Wait to eat when you are truly hungry. Eating when not hungry does not usually avoid being hungry later.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Could it be thirst? I often drink a lot of water in the mornings - thirsty.
    Open your diary, you could be doing something like just eating the egg whites.

Nope. I eat 2 full eggs, no egg whites. And i drink water as soon as i wake up, and normally don't eat anything for an hour after waking up. No matter what i'm hungry 2-3 hours later.

But maybe i'll add in some bread. Toast and some jelly instead, maybe? I'm always hungry for breakfast as i'm not a fan of eating late.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I still feel 300- 450 calories of oatmeal hours after eating it. Maybe give oatmeal a try?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I find bacon with my eggs fills me up more than toast or oats but I eat it all of them on rotation. But perhaps you are vegetarian in which case maybe beans for protein and carbs or cheese for more protein with your eggs.
  • Krissi1330
    Krissi1330 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Do you always eat fruit with breakfast? And what kind? Any time I eat fruit with a higher sugar content, like bananas, I'm hungry within a few hours. But whenever I ate big omelets for breakfast (eggs, veg, cheese, avocado, sometimes bacon), I wasn't hungry again til much later in the day. You might want to try cutting back on the fruit/carbs and increasing protein or fat.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The best thing I have found that keeps me going from breakfast until lunch is overnight oats with berries. I do 1/2 cup oats with 1/2 cup soy milk in a mason jar overnight. Top with a cup of berries--either all the same kind or a mix. I usually have a banana too--adds up to about 300 calories and super satisfying.
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, but I just eat two breakfasts. I usually am up at 6:30, eat around 7:30 and again between 10-11. I feel especially hungry in the morning I think because I don't eat a lot in the evening and I have a lot of energy in the morning.
  • phillyhockeyfan
    phillyhockeyfan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maybe add in more fiber and fat? I usually make a cheese omelet with sausage and eat it on a triple health English muffin (high fiber, low sodium, 100 calories). Comes in around 322 calories, keeps me full for 5+ hours.
  • ameoc76
    ameoc76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast, usually 2 hard boiled eggs, then a snack about 2 hours later. I snack all day and usually have around 500 calories for dinner which is enough for me.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and a snack... I work out early, so I have a banana driving from gym to work, then Greek yogurt and blueberries when I arrive. Around 10:39, I eat a protein bar (pure protein bars 200 cal, 1gsugar 20g protein)

Easily keeps me going.