Nutritious Late night snack

Options
I'm a 12hour shift nurse. I need suggestions for a 8 pm light snack for my arrive at home, before bed snack.

Replies

• LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    handful of almonds or cashews, peanut butter on celery, hard boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken strips, greek yogurt
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Crackers... light yet filling.. and Nutritious
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    1tbs of peanut butter in a 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt!
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    During my weight loss, every night I had 1 T. of peanut butter with a couple saltines or rice cake. Towards the end of my weight loss it was 2 T. peanut butter and an apple...yum! I cannot sleep if my belly is growling ;-)
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - Bananna and peanut butter
    - Cottage cheese and a spoonful of raisins
    - Yogurt w fruit
    - Baby carrots w laughing cow cheese or hummus
  • tootstoots1959
    tootstoots1959 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello with cool whip
  • jenerek_md
    jenerek_md Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My go to is half a cucumber with 3 tbsp of tzatziki. So filling and low cal!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    A salad that you made before your shift so it's ready to grab and eat. A serving of veggies that were already roasted, just heat them up and add in 50 g of pre cooked chicken breast. Some celery or other raw vegetables and a big water bottle on the ride home take me out of food crisis mode. I like the idea of peanut butter!!!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    When I want a nutrition boost at night I get an english muffin (110 calories) with a little peanut butter (90 calories), and if I've got the calories for it, a half serving of fruit like banana, apple, or raisins on top.

When I only care about protein (most days!) I eat plain greek yogurt with seasonal fruit for a night treat.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just had a berry, banana, chocolate whey smoothie, so I'll go with that. My traditional go-to before bed snack is cheese and crackers but I have a hard time with their calories.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Some kind of bar
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese, serving of fruit
    Apple and peanut butter or cheese

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    1tbs of peanut butter in a 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt!

Love this! Have you tried the Jiff peanut butter powder in Greek yogurt? It's less calories and just as good I think. It tastes like peanut butter cheesecake if you had some sea salt, and some sweetner (I like swerve) and you can add part skim ricotta. I usually just eat the yogurt though but with the powder, salt, and sweetner....yummy!! Add some dark chocolate chips and it's dessert! :smile:
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    jenerek_md wrote: »
    My go to is half a cucumber with 3 tbsp of tzatziki. So filling and low cal!

What is tzatziki? I've never heard of it