Morning gym motivation?

Options
Hey Im struggling bad to get time to go to the gym, my husband has been busy preparing for exams whilst I've been watching the kids, the only time I would b able to go to the gym is at 6 am when everyone is sleeping, in literally so tired I cannot drag myself out of bed at that time. I cannot exercise at home as I feel it's not as effective for me if I was working out in a gym, what does everyone else do to motivate them in the morning.

Replies

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The only way I get up early to exercise is if I sign up for a class.
  • JYereRun79
    JYereRun79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A cup of black coffee. LOL. In all seriousness, I prefer to workout in the morning. My spouse is sleeping and so are the dogs, I like to think of it as "me time." Plus, the gym isn't as packed and I can pretty much have free reign of the place. Sometimes I will skip the coffee, but adequate sleep helps with my morning motivation; or, I take a preworkout that is low in caffeine.
  • Leighuno
    Leighuno Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The only way I get up early to exercise is if I sign up for a class.

That could be a good plan thanks
  • Leighuno
    Options
    JYereRun79 wrote: »
    A cup of black coffee. LOL. In all seriousness, I prefer to workout in the morning. My spouse is sleeping and so are the dogs, I like to think of it as "me time." Plus, the gym isn't as packed and I can pretty much have free reign of the place. Sometimes I will skip the coffee, but adequate sleep helps with my morning motivation; or, I take a preworkout that is low in caffeine.

I've been once before in the morning and it was pretty busy I find it less busy around lunch time which I prefer as you don't need to wait to use equipment( mainly resistance training area) I tend to be a night owl which would effect my sleep to go gym early, but I'm going to try and go tommorrow for sure! I could use my diet whey protein as my pre workout simple and fast and filling for that time of morning
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My motivation is just proving to myself I can do it and be what I want to be, and not let my mind control me...
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What are you doing for workouts at home? If what you're doing is not effective to you try locating some videos on youtube or sign up for spartan type WODs that may push you a little further.

I would suggest just getting into the habit of waking at whatever time is necessary to make it to the gym by 6am. I think once your body gets into the routine of waking and moving at say 530, it will be easier to commit to being in the gym at 6 and ready to workout.
  • kasparkid
    kasparkid Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am better at night... good luck with the morning! :-)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    You don't think about it, just do it. You'll feel so much better after and you'll have a great start to your day!
    I wake up at 4:30am or earlier to get my workout in. There's always time if you make it a priority.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Takes some time. When I started waking up at 5 to go to gym, it was hell. Little voices kept encouraging me to hit snooze. After 3weeks, the little voices were pushing me out of bed. The adrenaline carries me through most of the day.

Good recipes for no bake energy bites. I pop a couple of them or a banana with my coffee as I drive to the gym.
  • SpiderGwens
    SpiderGwens Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Caffeine. I drink a pre-workout as soon as I wake up and then I'm good to go!
  • Leighuno
    Options
    What are you doing for workouts at home? If what you're doing is not effective to you try locating some videos on youtube or sign up for spartan type WODs that may push you a little further.

I would suggest just getting into the habit of waking at whatever time is necessary to make it to the gym by 6am. I think once your body gets into the routine of waking and moving at say 530, it will be easier to commit to being in the gym at 6 and ready to workout.

I just feel like I cannot motivate myself if I'm at home, to easy to sit back down on the sofa, at the gym I push myself more.

Definitely need to get into a routine of going to bed earlier and waking earlier
  • Leighuno
    Options
    My motivation is just proving to myself I can do it and be what I want to be, and not let my mind control me...

Words of wisdom!
  • Leighuno
    Options
    Caffeine. I drink a pre-workout as soon as I wake up and then I'm good to go!

Drinking coffee gives me a water filled belly if that makes sense, I love coffee but don't think I could work out after a cup, I had a diet whey protein shake this morning.
  • Leighuno
    Options
    Takes some time. When I started waking up at 5 to go to gym, it was hell. Little voices kept encouraging me to hit snooze. After 3weeks, the little voices were pushing me out of bed. The adrenaline carries me through most of the day.

Good recipes for no bake energy bites. I pop a couple of them or a banana with my coffee as I drive to the gym.

Yeah those little voices are my enemy for sure, I managed to drag myself outta bed and not let the voices control me this morning I'll pay for it later though as I've literally had around 4 hours sleep
  • lizzelspark
    lizzelspark Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing yourself to go then after awhile it will be such a habit i hear you on the part it motivates you to be at the gym compared to home seeing everyone work out motivates me to keep going
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    The energy from morning workouts is amazing. I have started pushing myself out of bed to go. The gym is nearly empty. Once I hear the music, I get motivated. I make a whole foods smoothie and drink half before and half after the workout. Works for me.
  • jwaggoner486
    jwaggoner486 Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If you like lunchtime, make that work. Maybe your husband can show gratitude for you watching the kids all day by being a 2-hour babysitter over lunch? Or a parent you like can cover for you MWF and you watch their kids TuTh?
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Could you go just before the gym closes? Maybe after the kids are in bed? Or husband could watch them for an hour in the evening?
  • kat00_ca
    kat00_ca Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Try this trick...it's so simple that it works. Set your alarm clock in some part of the room where you are forced to get out of bed to turn it off. At that point, you might as well get dressed and go work out. Oh yeah, and having your clothes laid out the night before helps big time.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My SO is miltiary so he leaves early. I just wake up when he leaves and go to the gym. I set two alarms so I get out of bed.