calories too low?

Options
hi everyone! I recently lowered my calories to see if my weight loss would speed up. I was wondering if eating only 1220 each day was too low for myself? I lift weights 3 times a week and exercise about 4 times a week for about 30-45 mins. I'm 5'5" 176 lbs. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    How has your weight loss been going so far? If you're sticking to the workout routine you listed and you have MFP's recommended deficit every day, your weight loss should be coming fast enough. You shouldn't be trying to lose more than 2 pounds or so per week.
  • shmem_96
    shmem_96 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    DanSTL82 wrote: »
    How has your weight loss been going so far? If you're sticking to the workout routine you listed and you have MFP's recommended deficit every day, your weight loss should be coming fast enough. You shouldn't be trying to lose more than 2 pounds or so per week.
    I just started this today so I will be tracking to see how it goes.....thanks!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat back some of the work out calories.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You're 19, and pretty active. Depending on how accurate you are at counting, keep an eye on it. At 5'2" and in my 40s I can lose close to 2lb/week on 1600 cals. Your body can only metabolize so much from fat, the rest will come from other sources (think muscle and organs). Better to take your time and to it right.