Breakfast is never filling to me?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Krissi1330 wrote: »
    Do you always eat fruit with breakfast? And what kind? Any time I eat fruit with a higher sugar content, like bananas, I'm hungry within a few hours. But whenever I ate big omelets for breakfast (eggs, veg, cheese, avocado, sometimes bacon), I wasn't hungry again til much later in the day. You might want to try cutting back on the fruit/carbs and increasing protein or fat.

Normally an orange or an apple. I don't really care for banana's. And yeah, i always eat a piece of fruit.
    Maybe add in more fiber and fat? I usually make a cheese omelet with sausage and eat it on a triple health English muffin (high fiber, low sodium, 100 calories). Comes in around 322 calories, keeps me full for 5+ hours.

Goodness! I wish i could stay that full.. i could eat at 8am and need to eat again by 10.. !
  • reevess113
    reevess113 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have coffee with half and half (my indulgence) and I alternate between (i) a fried egg on English muffin with avocado and (II) oatmeal with dried apples and cranberries. Both about 300 cal and both keep me full until lunch.
  • kalm3
    kalm3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I used to be that way. Eating the supposedly filling oatmeal I found myself growling by 10am. What has been working lately is eggs with veggies a bit of cheese and whole wheat toast. I've also been waiting to eat later in the morning if I don't wake up super hungry. If I eat white bread I start craving random stuff an hour and half later. Try noticing how you feel after what foods. It will hopefully become clear to you what fills you longer. Good luck!
  • joannepimley
    joannepimley Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I would be the same. I try have about 500cals for brekkie, 400cals for lunch and 300cals for dinner. Then maybe the odd hundred for snacks etc! If i have a large dinner i tend to binge and go to bed feeling too full and sick so this works for me! Its easier said than done fitting in 500cals for breakfast though lol
  • Krissi1330
    Krissi1330 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    kalm3 wrote: »
    I used to be that way. Eating the supposedly filling oatmeal I found myself growling by 10am. What has been working lately is eggs with veggies a bit of cheese and whole wheat toast. I've also been waiting to eat later in the morning if I don't wake up super hungry. If I eat white bread I start craving random stuff an hour and half later. Try noticing how you feel after what foods. It will hopefully become clear to you what fills you longer. Good luck!

So true! I feel like a bottomless pit when I eat oatmeal, breads/pancakes/etc, or fruits other than berries.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    spcmartinm wrote: »
    I am the same way, but I just eat two breakfasts. I usually am up at 6:30, eat around 7:30 and again between 10-11. I feel especially hungry in the morning I think because I don't eat a lot in the evening and I have a lot of energy in the morning.

Yeah that's me too! Or I have lunch at 11am. Dinner is often less than 500 calories for me.

You just have to find what works for you. For me it's more food earlier in the day (I usually have eaten 3/4 of my calories by 3pm). And it really doesn't matter what I have for breakfast, I'm typically completely starving before noon. But more fiber, protein, and fat at breakfast will keep me less hungry the rest of the day.
    n1cholee93 wrote: »
    Krissi1330 wrote: »
    Do you always eat fruit with breakfast? And what kind? Any time I eat fruit with a higher sugar content, like bananas, I'm hungry within a few hours. But whenever I ate big omelets for breakfast (eggs, veg, cheese, avocado, sometimes bacon), I wasn't hungry again til much later in the day. You might want to try cutting back on the fruit/carbs and increasing protein or fat.

Normally an orange or an apple. I don't really care for banana's. And yeah, i always eat a piece of fruit.
    Maybe add in more fiber and fat? I usually make a cheese omelet with sausage and eat it on a triple health English muffin (high fiber, low sodium, 100 calories). Comes in around 322 calories, keeps me full for 5+ hours.

Goodness! I wish i could stay that full.. i could eat at 8am and need to eat again by 10.. !

Same here. Shows we're all different, lol. I see people who get so full on one packet of instant oats and I'm like WTF lol.
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    The only good breakfast that works for me is 2 pieces of wholegrain toast with some light herb spread - comes up to about 200kcal and fills me for hours.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I can't eat breakfast straight out of bed, but if I wait too long or eat too little then I feel miserable and shaky for hours. For that reason my breakfast pretty much grades into my lunch. I have two slices of bread at 9, another one at 10, a pear or apple at 11 and then more bread at 12. Then I'm kind of fine until 5 with low calorie veggies or another piece of fruit. Note: I'm currently maintaining, but things didn't look too different when I was still losing weight. I only cut out the candy I eat in the evening and switched my fruit for lower cal veggies.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    jen_bush wrote: »
    The only good breakfast that works for me is 2 pieces of wholegrain toast with some light herb spread - comes up to about 200kcal and fills me for hours.

Toast without fat for me = crash one hour later. Amazing how we all work differently. My mom has toast with sugar free jam for breakfast (and coffee with milk, I guess) and she's full for 5 hours. Boggles my mind!
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do jelly. Instead of bread, throw some cooked whole grains into the skillet with your veggies and eggs. Save the fruit for later.
  • porkchop84
    porkchop84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a protein shake? Vega One meal replacement shake has only 160 cal but lots of protein and fiber to keep you full.
  • jamesblood13
    jamesblood13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't bother with breakfast. There's this idea that you're supposed to eat it. But if you're not hungry then why do you need to? Sometimes I actually find if I eat breakfast, I'm hungrier later in the day. If I wait, I'm eating less.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast to save myself the calories plus I have better results when I do the intermittent fasting although its not for everyone. Some ppl say that the slowdown in metabolism from not eating is why you shouldn't do it but the slight slowdown versus what you save by not eating outweighs that argument in my opinion.

If I do, I try to eat eggs or some other high protein meal as it holds me over much longer than a carb loaded one does.