why callories control, not fat?

Options
Hi,can someone advice? Why the application for controlling callories rather than fat ? Because my plan is to reduce weight and burn fat. Thx

Replies

• joannepimley
    joannepimley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Drives me so crazy when people think dietary fat makes you fat. Carbohydrates are the worst macronutrient. But weightloss is down to consuming less calories than you exhume. Just make sure those calories come from healthy, wholesome foods!!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Calories in, calories out. Caloric deficit for weight loss. If you're interested in only cutting out fats, you may not see results as fast as you'd like. If you're worried about fat intake, just log it if it's an issue to you due to health problems, because as mentioned above, the body does need fat to process your food.
    Since I have no gall bladder, I have to avoid greasy foods, but I still consume fat, just enough so my body doesn't go insane. Best of luck!

Maybe someone here can help you figure out what the ideal intake may be for you. I forgot the link, sadly, but plenty of people here that can point you in the right direction :)
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    seska422 wrote: »
    30 years ago, carbs were king and fat was terrible. That wasn't any more right or wrong than the reverse thinking that's widely disseminated now.

Has it really been that long since the "fat free" craze? Wow I feel old. Now the "in" thing is gluten free this and gluten free that. Because now suddenly everyone has a gluten intolerance. ooops, I better not go there.

I haven't even bothered searching what a gluten is. .-.
    That's all gibberish to me >.> lol
  • rahmat_hidayat
    rahmat_hidayat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    rahmat805 wrote: »
    Hi,can someone advice? Why the application for controlling callories rather than fat ? Because my plan is to reduce weight and burn fat. Thx

We absolutely need fat and protein.
    We lose weight by reducing the amount of food we normally eat -- does not matter what kind. :)

• rahmat_hidayat
    rahmat_hidayat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Off course we need fat but the current situation may be already overlimit in the body. So is it wrong to avoid fatty foods for dietary? Is it a myth..
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    rahmat805 wrote: »
    Off course we need fat but the current situation may be already overlimit in the body. So is it wrong to avoid fatty foods for dietary? Is it a myth..

The body needs fat for hormones to function correctly. Body fat is only used for energy when there isn't enough energy. It's not used to support body functions that require dietary fat. So even if you have a lot of fat stored, you still need to eat fat.