Getting bumbed about so many carbs!!

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I agree, I don't really want to eat them every day! But it is nice to have them once and a while and it seems like this low carb diet is pretty restricting! I want to loose weight but I'm scared that I will not loose it by consuming those kinds of carbs!

Many lose weight here and eat lots of carbs. Heck, sometimes I'm at 70% carb.

Excess calories cause weight gain, not carbs.

It makes me sad that carbs get such a bad wrap in the weight loss world. I agree with the others - too many calories are the culprit not too many carbs
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I have been on a (trying) low carb diet! Now I am getting pretty depressed here!! Everything I go to eat is loaded full of carbs :( I am eating healthy as in high protein meats (boneless skinless chicken Brest, eye of round steak, porkloin ect) I also am including my good carbs (broccoli, kale ect) I eat good fats (cheese ect) but I feel that just eating those are getting boring for me! I don't want to just eat veggies and meat every day! I want to be able to have some whole wheat pasta, wild rice, whole wheat rice, wraps! But when I look on the back it is always loaded with so many carbs!! I should mention that I do cardio 5 days a week and strength training (crunches, push-ups ect) does anyone have any advice here?? What I can and can not eat???

I used to have a bad habit of eating too many carbs. Now I try to focus more on Protein/fat and less carbs around 50g a day. But I allow myself to splurge every now and then so I don't really feel like I am missing anything. If you have a slightly higher day of carbs once a week its not going to kill your goals. Just learn balance
  • taniastecroix
    taniastecroix Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I am so thankful for everyone's advice! And no, I do not think tootsie pop is a good carb @hornsby haha :D !!! I will defiantly not feel guilty to incorporate carbs into my diet anymore! Calorie diflict will be my main goal!! I will stay to the good carbs :) not the sugary carbs!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I am so thankful for everyone's advice! And no, I do not think tootsie pop is a good carb @hornsby haha :D !!! I will defiantly not feel guilty to incorporate carbs into my diet anymore! Calorie diflict will be my main goal!! I will stay to the good carbs :) not the sugary carbs!

Have you had one? They're totally good. I like the raspberry ones. not blue raspberry. Regular raspberry.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there, just in case it becomes an issue, it may not be one yet.

Make sure your calorie deficit is accurate. By that, I mean, if you stop losing weight you may need to weigh you food on a food scale.
  • taniastecroix
    taniastecroix Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Haha@paulawalladingdong yes I indeed have tried them before, I agree they are good, but I'm not really a candy type! I love chocolate!! I will be defiantly purchasing a food scale to weigh my meat ect... I just want to see results!! I'm so tired of reading all kinds of stuff saying that carbs will make you fat and that you pretty much should avoid them all together (starchy carbs)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Have you had one? They're totally good. I like the raspberry ones. not blue raspberry. Regular raspberry.

Those are my fav. I like the new'ish lemon ones, too. They are my jam. 6-8 per day ;)
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love carbs. That's why I'm never doing low-carb again and just watching calories. I've lost 18lbs since January and haven't given up a cookie.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I love carbs. That's why I'm never doing low-carb again and just watching calories. I've lost 18lbs since January and haven't given up a cookie.

Same. I like carbs and I feel better eating them vs cutting carbs out.