Dieting with a family

2»

Replies

• adurham79
    adurham79 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you everyone for the tips, suggestions, and a couple of kicks in the pants. This morning I decided to take charge. I made some sugar free pudding pops for my sweet cravings, and some mashed cauliflower to lighten my carbs a bit (I'm making the rest of my family mashed potatoes for dinner.)
  • LeannLR
    LeannLR Posts: 3 Member
    I feel your pain. I shop but my husband will stop and get what junk he "needs" we are both over weight, and I exercise but he does not. He say's he "needs" chips to go with his sandwiches...Really? No support. I have to lose about 30 pounds to meet a goal by the end of the summer. I'm pretty good at not partaking but I also wish he would be more supportive. We talked about it, and he said he is going to try...it is what it is.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    adurham79 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for the tips, suggestions, and a couple of kicks in the pants. This morning I decided to take charge. I made some sugar free pudding pops for my sweet cravings, and some mashed cauliflower to lighten my carbs a bit (I'm making the rest of my family mashed potatoes for dinner.)

That's awesome, way to go!! You CAN be strong!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    If you have a Trader Joe's try the riced cauliflower in the frozen section. Great substitute for rice.