100+ to lose!

Options
I've been on and off mfp for over 2 years. I am back and ready to give it my all! Trying hard, but gaining weight.....so I'm going at it through another approach. Vegetarian style(: friend me if you want and we can be on this journey together!! 100lbs and my chains will be gone!

Replies

• BriMcaffFitness
    BriMcaffFitness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loose the same amount! We've got this girl!
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've used MFP on and off for years but this time I'm not giving up. Feel free to add me.
  • ringneckwoody
    ringneckwoody Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a guy that would also like to lose 50+ pounds and I found a way that works well for me. Obviously some form of exercise is mandatory. What next you might ask? You can only eat foods that contain one ingredient. You don't even have to limit yourself on calories either. No processed food! I am using the "lose .5 pounds a week" setting which allows me 2240 calories a day. I can't eat that much! You have to eat more to lose weight, it just has to be the right food. I've done this a few times in the last 5 years. You'll drop 20 pounds fast and then it'll slow a bit, but it's easy to do if you can spend a 15-20 minutes prepping food a couple times a week. Beans, chick peas, or lentils.... You have to eat a serving once a day. I'll be honest, I do sway a tad. I need carbs (I'm in to bicycling) so I eat two pieces of toast with my eggs in the morning, and I drink a protein shake on workout days as well. Give it an honest try for a week and you'll see the pounds coming off. Don't restrict calories so much. It's not how much you're eating, it's WHAT you're eating. We can do this!!!!!
  • amberplant2016
    amberplant2016 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a guy that would also like to lose 50+ pounds and I found a way that works well for me. Obviously some form of exercise is mandatory. What next you might ask? You can only eat foods that contain one ingredient. You don't even have to limit yourself on calories either. No processed food! I am using the "lose .5 pounds a week" setting which allows me 2240 calories a day. I can't eat that much! You have to eat more to lose weight, it just has to be the right food. I've done this a few times in the last 5 years. You'll drop 20 pounds fast and then it'll slow a bit, but it's easy to do if you can spend a 15-20 minutes prepping food a couple times a week. Beans, chick peas, or lentils.... You have to eat a serving once a day. I'll be honest, I do sway a tad. I need carbs (I'm in to bicycling) so I eat two pieces of toast with my eggs in the morning, and I drink a protein shake on workout days as well. Give it an honest try for a week and you'll see the pounds coming off. Don't restrict calories so much. It's not how much you're eating, it's WHAT you're eating. We can do this!!!!!

Thanks for the tip! I will deff be trying this!
  • ringneckwoody
    ringneckwoody Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals a day plus a snack in between each and the protein I drink before bed. Keep feeding the fire. My settings are 50% carbs, 20% fat, and 30% protein and I'm always within a couple points of those numbers without trying.