Sushi date night help :)

Options
heatherlewisis
heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
Going out tonight for sushi and I've got about 600 calories left in my day... What can I get? It's a hole in the wall place so no nutrition info available...

Replies

• Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This is probably too late to help, but avoid the fried stuff (tempuras) and volcano rolls always seem to be higher in calories. If they have stuff with brown rice and/or quinoa, you'll get more nutrients that way (over plain white rice). My sushi go-tos are usually raw tuna rolls or cooked shrimp rolls. Both typically run about 250 calories. From my limited observations, one or two sushi rolls would likely fit into a 600 meal!
  • heatherlewisis
    Options
    Thank you! Date night ended up getting cancelled, but I will keep all that in mind for next time :)
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Sashimi for next time.
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Sashimi for next time.

x2 straight protein.
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I order a sunshine roll or other rolls with a small amount of ingredients so I can keep it simple. I don't use any sauces as good rolls are delicious on their own. I only have sushi every couple of months so I do my best to estimate calories. If I am off, it is only one meal.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    It's okay to go over your calories once in awhile part of winning this battle is enjoying the journey. Even though your date night got called off today tonight should be a fun time where you enjoy yourself and don't worry about calories. As long as you don't do it all the time there's nothing wrong with going over your calorie limit once in awhile.
  • bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    In the future you can sometimes ask them to replace the rice with cucumber in the roll, or to go very light on the rice, or no rice. That will save you quite a few calories. But I agree with the above poster - I typically avoid all tempura, anything with the masago or mayo, or cream cheese at that adds up quickly.
    Also, a seaweed salad is filling and delicious!
  • heatherlewisis
    Options
    It's okay to go over your calories once in awhile part of winning this battle is enjoying the journey. Even though your date night got called off today tonight should be a fun time where you enjoy yourself and don't worry about calories. As long as you don't do it all the time there's nothing wrong with going over your calorie limit once in awhile.

You're right :) but I had gone over the 2 days before and am trying to get back into good habits because after a 96 lb loss I've been at the same weight for a couple months... I'd like to finally shed these last 9 lbs to reach my goal :)