8 week Blood Sugar Diet

Options
With a lot of research I have decided to follow this diet. I don't have diabetes but, I am overweight and could be at risk. Does anyone else want to try it with me?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Please link to the diet.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    800 calories a day? Please do more research......
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's a starvation diet, completely unnecessary. Please reconsider. Take care of your health!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Please don't. It is unsafe, unhealthy and unsustainable.

Plug your info into MFP. Select a reasonable rate of weight loss. Weigh and log your food while eating within the calorie goal given to you by MFP. See results without risking your health and sanity.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    A diabetic diet can be very helpful for weight loss. But this sounds like a gimmick diet that is doomed to fail. I agree with Carlos_421. Use MFP to set realistic goals and you will see success and be much more likely to stick with it. Good luck.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Why not just make lifestyle changes and eat at a deficit? What is the plan after 8 weeks?
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Has your "research" been with either your doctor or a registered dietician? Otherwise, you're setting up yourself for failure. No fad diet is sustainable. Long-term CI vs CO has been scientifically proven to be the most successful way to lose the weight and keep it off.
  • K8w83
    K8w83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a diabetic diet. The medical advice to diabetics these days is that they should eat the healthy balanced diet that the rest of the population should strive for (in the UK anyway).
  • briggsykim
    briggsykim Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    After the 8 weeks your blood sugar is reset to normal, from there it is advisable to eat a Mediterranean style diet, low carb
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    mmm I could eat blood sugar all day!
  • briggsykim
    briggsykim Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This diet was researched by doctors for bariatric patients.
  • astrampe
    Options
    Eating 800 calories a day will NOT reset your blood sugar to normal....Why not just eat the foods in the Medditerean diet (which is just healthy fresh food) in moderate amounts according to your MFP calorie goal? Eating 800 calories a day for 8 weeks will be bad....
  • astrampe
    Options
    OP, as you keep on arguing the benefits of your fad diet instead or listening to advice (which you asked for) why don't you just go and do it..... Let us know how it worked for you, if you are still healthy enough that is...
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    briggsykim wrote: »

I'm sure it was, but there is no such thing as a diet that resets blood sugar, and if it did, it wouldn't address your particular problem, whatever that problem may be. Yes, diet is a part of controlling blood sugar, but it doesn't take a crash diet followed by a reasonable one. If you are going to end up on the Mediterranean diet, skip the 800 calories/day part and go straight to Mediterranean at a sensible number of calories.

But, you're going to do it anyway. See how it works for you.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    briggsykim wrote: »

Are you a bariatric patient? VLCD should be followed closely by the prescribing physician (typically with training in weight loss/bariatric). Not recommended for the general population. And you blood sugar does not "reset". It constantly fluctuates (dependent on diet, stress, medications, infection, alcohol, etc.).

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    No.

More precisely, *kitten* no.

Seriously.

More seriously, it's quite frankly a stupid idea, unless your doctor has specifically recommended this for a particular reason/problem.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Pebblish wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a diabetic diet. The medical advice to diabetics these days is that they should eat the healthy balanced diet that the rest of the population should strive for (in the UK anyway).

yep, then they take their feet away. #fail
This discussion has been closed.