Diet

Options
How do you do it?I love my food!

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I don't diet. I eat less than my body needs to maintain.
    I eat the foods that I love, but I weigh it all using a food scale and log accurately.
  • magpie0829
    magpie0829 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love my food too! For me it is all about moderation and portion control. So if I want pasta then I will eat pasta, but I will limit myself to 3 ounces. If I want a brownie, I will eat ONE brownie. I will also balance out what I eat throughout the day. If I know I want to indulge for dinner then I will eat a healthy salad for lunch. Basically I have taken the word diet out of my vocabulary, because diet to me means restriction and elimination of certain foods and that is something that just doesn't work for me. If I tell myself I can't have X or Y then that is what I will crave until I finally cave and binge on it. So eat what you like/love but keep portion size and balance of foods in mind.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Weight loss is pretty straightforward-accurately track you food/calorie intake, accurately measure out portion sizes (food scale set to grams), and follow the calorie amount that corresponds to your weight loss goals. You can continue to eat the foods you like-you just need to fit them into your calorie goals :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Assuming you mean a weight loss diet, consume less calories than you expend.
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    220577ad wrote: »
    How do you do it?I love my food!
    sometimes I go to the bakery isle in the supermarket and just stare at the pastries for a while and will my self not to give into temptation.. after engaging in the staring match with the cupcakes... I give myself reasons not to buy it and I walk away patting myself on the back for my sheer will power

I'm not even joking by the way :D
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want as long as I stay within my macro/calorie goal. No one should diet. Make lifestyle changes which are less complicated and work for you.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want that fits in your calorie goal and keeps you satisfied.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I eat the foods that I love, but I weigh it all using a food scale and log accurately.

This. I don't diet, I still eat pizza, burgers, drink alcohol, pretty much weekly, but not every night. My calorie goal is as many cals as I can eat while still losing or maintaining my weight, depending on where I am at the moment.

I knew from past experience that any sort of "diet" that I wasn't will to do for the rest of my life wasn't going to work, because I wouldn't stick with it. Since switching to just a slight calorie deficit, I've had my best success - lost fat and inches and have kept it off for 4 years and counting.
  • Day_knee
    Day_knee Posts: 85 Member
    Options

This!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love food as well. I found MFP it's great for people that love food because we can still eat anything, but in smaller portions.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    di·et1
    /ˈdīət/
    noun: diet; plural noun: diets
    1. the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.

Your diet is the food you eat. Nothing more, nothing less. :)
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    You do it by prioritizing what is important to you. If you decide to cut back on eating--and you have to to lose weight -- then you need ways to control appetite and hunger. There's work to do.

Most people work on moderation. Some on pacing out the eatings in a way that produces deficit. Some people include exercise or/and a bit of everything. Whatever works for you, but again, there's work to do and it's mainly in controlling one's appetite and hunger.