Mansplaining

Options
otherusernamestaken
otherusernamestaken Posts: 182 Member
So glad I heard about this term. And here I thought hubs was being a jerk when he did it. Apparently they all do it, and when they do, they are not being jerks, they are being men. How nice.

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Is this an example of "mansplaining", or......?

edit: I just did a search for it and so many threads popped up, lmao. Still don't know what it is exactly.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    man·splain
    manˈsplān/

(of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.

ETA: "Mansplaining" is one of my favorite types of words: a portmanteau, which is a combining of two words to create a new word
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    y'all are all just insecure and allow yourselves to be offended too easily.

john, female humans are complicated because they have "emotions" which cause "feelings". these things are useful to female humans in ways that are too difficult to explain to you without creating some kind analogy involving football and fishing. why don't you just go do your beer-drinking fantasy sports thing and we'll talk about it some other time <3

I'm going to assume you're directing that sharp comeback at John specifically rather than the whole male gender. But I am quite disappointed you didn't do some sort of football related analogy.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Mansplaining is just another word created by feminazis that cry about equality then preach inequality. Feminazis that have mugs with sayings like "male tears" on the side, but would completely lose it and go on a soapbox rant if a man had a mug that said "female tears"

That mug is actually really funny when you go on urban dictionary and look up what 'male tears' means ;)
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Wow, all humans are complicated, have emotions and feelings. Males just seem to have an easier time controlling them. Sounds like someone has a lot of hatred for men in general. I recommend counseling.

So I guess that's why after a break-up we will cry with some ice cream and move on while males go and stalk/murder their ex? Because you have an easier time controlling your emotions?

• your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    _John_ wrote: »
    y'all are all just insecure and allow yourselves to be offended too easily.

john, female humans are complicated because they have "emotions" which cause "feelings". these things are useful to female humans in ways that are too difficult to explain to you without creating some kind analogy involving football and fishing. why don't you just go do your beer-drinking fantasy sports thing and we'll talk about it some other time <3

I'm going to assume you're directing that sharp comeback at John specifically rather than the whole male gender. But I am quite disappointed you didn't do some sort of football related analogy.

i was mansplaining mansplaining

@_John_ is cool

is it not womansplaining? is that a thing?