Struggling with eating on track.

Options
So I've lost 60 pounds in the last year and since I've been doing BODYBEAST, which I'm not following eating plan, just my own healthy eating plan but for the last couple weeks I've been so hungry. I seem to do great all day tell evening when I have to cook for family. I need to build my willpower, I've done it before. Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Eat less during the day then? If you know you eat a lot at night, eat less during the day to offset it. Or maybe have a day or two of large deficits so you don't have to worry the other days?
  • roxannerussell
    roxannerussell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't usually over do it during day, but I'm sure I can find something to cut out to help. I eat 1300 a day, probably thinking I'm not eating enough for weight lifting.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    very possibly. your body needs protein calories to rebuild. maybe you could fit in non-fat greek yogurt - it's high in protein and low in calories. or a half a protein drink with no extras - i use solgar natural vanilla, but i mix it in water and sweeten with stevia. my husband has quest strawberry in half a cup of almond milk.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Consider increasing your calories.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You're hungry because you're trying to do Body Beast on 1300 calories. It's a muscle building program and you're not going to accomplish that with such a low calorie amount. If your goal is more weight loss, Body Beast probably isn't the right program to work with as the first two phases are intended to be done while eating at a caloric surplus and the final phase is to be done while eating at a caloric deficit. You can still do the program to maintain muscle as you lose weight but 1300 is still a bit too low for that. Listen to your body because it's trying to tell you something.

• roxannerussell
    roxannerussell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I realize I'm not eating enough for this program but I guess I have a hard time wrapping my head around it, scared to gain. My plan was to gain strength which I have but I still need to lose in my midsection. So I will be doing Insanity from a 3rd round when I complete Bodybeast.