Why do I always overindulge on the weekend!

Options
2»

Replies

• tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    tinaka2016 wrote: »
    spicy618 wrote: »
    This happens to me all the time.
    -I've changed my workout days to include the weekends and off days on weekdays.
    -I don't eat breakfast till about noon.
    -Staying busy helps

You just have to decide what's more important to you.

Keep trying!

Thank you. I will be doing the some with my work out days.

.......same (lol)
  • trish2016
    trish2016 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    tinaka2016 wrote: »
    trish2016 wrote: »
    It's because we relax and then think ah well it's the weekend I've been so good all week I deserve a treat, we all do it. It's a bank holiday weekend here in Ireland so we are off work Monday and all week I have been thinking I would love a few drinks and some snacks on Saturday and this is only my first week so my thinking is if I don't buy any rubbish or beers then I will be okay...I don't think my husband will be too happy but I am on a mission this time to lose 1.7 stone by Sept.

Good luck for this weekend!

Thanks I have the meals planned out right until Monday I am out tomorrow for dinner with my mam but its just a regular restaurant so I can get salad and a baked potato and chicken or else a tomato pasta dish.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Because you're CONDITIONED to. It only changes when your thinking does.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I agree. I too use to derail all my hard work during the weekend and it significantly affected my progress. Finally, I just made a conscientious 'grown-up' or 'tough-love' decision to stop it. You can do it if you want it (whatever your goals are)bad enough. I also approached it positively. If you feel like you're deprived or 'missing out' you will most likely not succeed. Like Ninerbuff said - It only changes when your thinking does.
    Oh...and YOU are in the drivers seat...not your family!
    Start today:)
  • Christory
    Christory Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If I have done well for the week, Monday - Saturday, I treat myself to whatever I want to eat on Sunday's. I try not to go too far over my allotted calories for the day but it fulfills my cravings.

I don't see anything wrong with splurging one day a week.
  • Madwhizzard
    Madwhizzard Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is sugar/carb addiction. If you start on Monday avoiding sugars and carbs (try the belly fat cure diet, or variation of same - proteins and vegetables, cottage cheese, nuts, avocados, etc) after 4-5 days (right when the weekend hits!) you'll notice your willpower to resist the sweets is much higher. At least, this works for me.