Breakfast at work?

Options
krishnap1104
krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
Hi Guys,

I have a lot of trouble coming up with easy recipes for breakfast. I don't have time to eat in the morning, so I always eat at my desk. Here are some of the things I usually eat
-Fiber One Cookie and Coffee
-Fruit (melons)
-Cliff Bar

Replies

• MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I eat one of the following selections:

1. Greek yogurt and berries (pre packed the night before, grab and go in morning).
    2. boiled egg with some sort of fruit (right now its all about the berries berries berries).
    3. Eggo waffle with peanut spread on it.
    4. If I have a few minutes in the morning (Never!) scrambled egg whites with basil, grape tomatos and some turkey sausage.
  • DaScot
    DaScot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3.5 minutes in the microwave and I'm not hungry until lunchtime..... no snacking at the desk.
    http://www.goodfoodmadesimple.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Fruit-And-Berries-Oatmeal-Good-Food-Made-Simple.jpg
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I do not do breakfast.
    Those foods at your desk are fine.
    I sometimes bring some chick peas for late lunch and some applesauce.
    I used to bring crock pot Steel cut oats for lunch. They worked, especially with some sliced almonds or other nuts.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've been obsessed with Kodiak Cakes lately, so I've been making the waffles/pancakes the night before, putting them in a plastic baggie, and then throwing them in the toaster oven at work when I'm ready to eat. 1/3 cup of the Kodiak mix makes 2 waffles... I add about a half ounce of chocolate chips and I throw it in the microwave for 10 seconds. absolutely delicious.

or I make plain oatmeal and do the same with the chocolate chips.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    You can microwave scrambled eggs. You just have to mix every so often or they blow up. lol I eat them at work several days a week. Eggwhites or whole eggs. Put garlic in them though, otherwise they stink up the place. Garlic = Oh, that smells good. No Garlic = WHAT DIED?! Learned through trial and error.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I keep boiled eggs in the fridge and often eat 2-3 of the egg whites at work at my desk in the AM. (I throw the yolk away just due to fat content doesn't fit in my macros easily).
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I use to bring yogurt with a storage bag of grape nuts cereal, dried fruit, sunflower seeds and unsweetened coconut. I liked pina coloda yogurt best with the mix. Or yogurt and Graham crackers.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    My breakfast every day at work: 1/3 cup of almonds.
  • curvesfordays8907
    curvesfordays8907 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I'm running late I like to grab a chobani flip. My favorite is the chocolate haze craze
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I used to do some prep on the weekends... NOW I keep my weekday breakfast fairly standardized... 2 slices of whole grain dry toast... a tomato, a 12 ounce glass of cold water... and 10 plain roasted almonds... BUT if your interested in the high maintenance... I used to cook up a 2 cup pot of steel cut oats... that would give me enough oatmeal to last the week... so... in the morning I would mix (about) a 1/4 cup of the oats... (microwaved first) with a 1/4 cup of Costco mixed field berries (frozen).. and 1/2 cup of milk with a scoop of whey protein.. OR to mix it up.. no fat plain greek yogurt...and 1/4 cup of crushed (and mixed together) walnuts and pecans

IN the oatmeal... 1 tablespoon Vietnamese cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of honey... the oatmeal will keep in the fridge for a week... and by adding all the other stuff... you get a nice assortment of micro and macro nutrients...
  • ma2007pmc
    ma2007pmc Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats
    Basic recipe
    Half cup regular oats
    3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 teaspoon chia seeds
    Add inns
    1 tbsp sliced almonds and 1/4 cup blueberries
    1/2 tsp cinnamon, .5 ounce chopped walnuts, and a mini box of raisins
    Half a banana and 1 tbsp peanut butter
    You can really do any add ins you like.
    I make mine Sunday evening and make 5 at a time in small mason jars or plastic containers.
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Oats with fresh sliced strawberries or a Lean Pockets. Usually take mine to work as well.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice here but I'd add: Make a batch of flapjack and have a square each morning?

For higher protein I make a pan of eggs and whatever I have lying around (12 mixed up eggs in a greased pyrex dish with any of the following: bacon, spinach, spring onions, sausage, cheese, tomatoes, red onion, avocado slices, ground beef, bake it for about 30 mins, cool it and slice into squares).
  • krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of oatmeal :( wished if I was!
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't like mushy oatmeal either but I started mixing some of the dry kind in with my greek yogurt and eating it while it's crunchy and I like it better that way. I have that a lot at work in the mornings.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I usually eat "huevos rancheros." I generally prep for the whole week on Sunday. I shred sweet potatoes in the food processor and just sautee them for a couple of minutes in a pan with salt and pepper. I make ground turkey "chorizo" by browning ground turkey and mixing it with a little tomato sauce and chopped chipolte peppers in Adobo sauce and then I scramble two eggs. I usually portion the sweet potatoes (125 grams) and ground turkey (4oz) for the entire week and then just scramble the eggs the night before though sometimes I do scramble a couple of days worth of eggs at a time. 2 minutes in the microwave at work and served with a wedge of lime.....Mmmm I could eat it every single day.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    Overnight oats. At night mix 1/4-1/3 cup old fashioned dry oatmeal into 5-6 ounces of plain fat free yogurt. Stir in any fruit, nut, nut butter. Grab a spoon and go next morning. Be creative. Cocoa powder, cherries, spices, seeds, dried fruit. My all time favorite is with canned plain pumpkin and 5 dried cherries. Walnuts top it off. No cooking required! Just let it sit overnight in the fridge.

This is what I do. Mine is peanut butter, almond milk, a little bit of brown sugar, chia seeds, and oatmeal. I usually eat it around 10am (read: right now, while reading) and I enjoy it.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Mini Protein bar, Natural walnuts, or Almonds and coffee.