Getting No Where

Options
I've been on this app for months now and haven't lost anything. I'm still trying to loss holiday weight. Normally I eat about 1500-1600 calories a day, but I allow myself one cheat day per week. Although sometimes it has to be two cheat days because I'm in a culinary class and we have to try foods more than once a week sometimes. My workouts include horseback riding and all the care management that comes with horses, biking, running, walking, etc. Why am I still at 148?

Replies

• jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Are you accurately logging everything including those "cheat days"?
    It is actually very easy to erase a 500cal/day calorie deficit with 2 cheat meals a week.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you've lost 18lb, so you have lost something. Can't see your diary, so can't comment on what you're eating. Are you weighing foods, do you log everything? Maybe when you have your culinary class count that as your 1 cheat day instead of making it 2.
  • EmilyHughes801
    EmilyHughes801 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18 pounds in roughly 3 years and now I want to lose a little more, but haven't lost anymore. I gained 10 pounds over the holidays (I was 137ish) so I'm trying to get back to that point.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Are you accurately logging everything including those "cheat days"?
    It is actually very easy to erase a 500cal/day calorie deficit with 2 cheat meals a week.

This^^^ You said you have one or two cheat days a week OP; are you logging the calories on these days? You don't have a ton to lose, even if you're eating at a 500 calorie deficit a day 5 days a week (2500 calorie weekly deficit on your 5 non cheat days which would be almost 3/4 a pound a week loss) you could very easily undo that deficit with a single high calorie meal on your cheat days. What you're describing is exactly how I maintain my weight (deficit during the week and high calorie days on the weekend). Cut out the cheat days and see what happens or accurately log all of the calories you are eating on your cheat days and realize you aren't in a deficit which is causing you not to lose weight.

• RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Without more information, no one on earth can answer your question.

Do you log your cheat days? They alone could be the issue.

Do you carefully weigh and measure?

Are you logging your exercise accurately?

Without knowing that, all anyone can say is that you are not at a deficit.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Because you are consuming too much. Same for everybody....