First time I really felt it

Options
damiansinc
damiansinc Posts: 70 Member
I've been tracking calories and working out for 8 weeks. Yesterday was colder than it should have been so I grabbed a sweatshirt. This was the first time I wore it since I bought it (was so disappointed in how tight it was then)

Here I am when I got it in December:
xcr6u4kcqm1e.jpeg

Here I am yesterday:
re2o530ptpr9.jpeg

6' 2" starting weight somewhere between 254-260. Today I weighed in at 225. Still got a ways to go, but feeling good now.

Replies

• Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and you look good too! Great work - clearly your sweatshirt is looser but I can see it in your face too - you look younger. Happy days!
  • cesser1
    cesser1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love the motivational post-its as well. Great job.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yep, you can see it in your face. Great job!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    A huge change, awesome progress! Keep up the great work :)
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!!!
  • damiansinc
    Options
    cesser1 wrote: »
    Love the motivational post-its as well. Great job.

Ha. Yes, trying to believe in myself again. My wife died a year ago leaving me a single dad. Have stopped believing I have any value. But, that's a story for another forum :)

• Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference 8 weeks has made. Keep up the good work it is really showing.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a great job :) The beginning is the hardest part!
  • sdbernier
    sdbernier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and you look good too! Great work - clearly your sweatshirt is looser but I can see it in your face too - you look younger. Happy days!

^Agree with this :) You look amazing!
  • hthr1969
    hthr1969 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You are clearly stronger than you think you are. Well done.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Great job and great post it notes!
  • gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your wife! One of my nearest and dearest friends lost his wife about 8 yrs ago at the age of 35. He too was left a single dad of 3 children from ages 4-14. I understand the struggle....from a close friends view (i would never insult you by saying I understand what it's like to stand in your shoes). But please never stop believing in your value! Every day you get up and physically, emotionally and spiritually make a conscious decision to face the day is a testament to your strength. That much I do know!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!
  • damiansinc
    Options
    sdbernier wrote: »

^Agree with this :) You look amazing!

Thank you!
  • damiansinc
    Options
    gandssmith wrote: »
    So sorry to hear about your wife! One of my nearest and dearest friends lost his wife about 8 yrs ago at the age of 35. He too was left a single dad of 3 children from ages 4-14. I understand the struggle....from a close friends view (i would never insult you by saying I understand what it's like to stand in your shoes). But please never stop believing in your value! Every day you get up and physically, emotionally and spiritually make a conscious decision to face the day is a testament to your strength. That much I do know!

This was very kind of you. Thank you.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing and the difference is HUGE. Congrats on the weight loss!

You do have value. Believe in yourself :smile:
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Good job! I'm also 6'2" and have lost 115 lbs and settled in at around 190 for now. I've had to replace all of my clothes twice! Some I might even have to replace a 3rd time. It's been expensive as hell but rewarding! I bought a new jacket the other day in size.. M! It fits perfect. Even the size L jacket I bought this last winter is now big on me. Feels amazing doesn't it? ;)
  • damiansinc
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    You look absolutely amazing and the difference is HUGE. Congrats on the weight loss!

You do have value. Believe in yourself :smile:

Thank you so much
  • damiansinc
    Options
    Good job! I'm also 6'2" and have lost 115 lbs and settled in at around 190 for now. I've had to replace all of my clothes twice! Some I might even have to replace a 3rd time. It's been expensive as hell but rewarding! I bought a new jacket the other day in size.. M! It fits perfect. Even the size L jacket I bought this last winter is now big on me. Feels amazing doesn't it? ;)

Wow, congrats. 194 is the goal. Very inspiring
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!