First time I really felt it

damiansinc
damiansinc Posts: 70 Member
I've been tracking calories and working out for 8 weeks. Yesterday was colder than it should have been so I grabbed a sweatshirt. This was the first time I wore it since I bought it (was so disappointed in how tight it was then)

Here I am when I got it in December:
xcr6u4kcqm1e.jpeg

Here I am yesterday:
re2o530ptpr9.jpeg

6' 2" starting weight somewhere between 254-260. Today I weighed in at 225. Still got a ways to go, but feeling good now.

Replies

• Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Yeah, and you look good too! Great work - clearly your sweatshirt is looser but I can see it in your face too - you look younger. Happy days!
  • cesser1
    cesser1 Posts: 63 Member
    Love the motivational post-its as well. Great job.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Yep, you can see it in your face. Great job!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    A huge change, awesome progress! Keep up the great work :)
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Great job!!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    You look great! Congrats!!!
  • damiansinc
    cesser1 wrote: »
    Love the motivational post-its as well. Great job.

Ha. Yes, trying to believe in myself again. My wife died a year ago leaving me a single dad. Have stopped believing I have any value. But, that's a story for another forum :)

• Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Wow what a difference 8 weeks has made. Keep up the good work it is really showing.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    You are doing such a great job :) The beginning is the hardest part!
  • sdbernier
    sdbernier Posts: 36 Member
    Yeah, and you look good too! Great work - clearly your sweatshirt is looser but I can see it in your face too - you look younger. Happy days!

^Agree with this :) You look amazing!
  • hthr1969
    hthr1969 Posts: 35 Member
    You are clearly stronger than you think you are. Well done.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Great job and great post it notes!
  • gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    So sorry to hear about your wife! One of my nearest and dearest friends lost his wife about 8 yrs ago at the age of 35. He too was left a single dad of 3 children from ages 4-14. I understand the struggle....from a close friends view (i would never insult you by saying I understand what it's like to stand in your shoes). But please never stop believing in your value! Every day you get up and physically, emotionally and spiritually make a conscious decision to face the day is a testament to your strength. That much I do know!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Fantastic progress!
  • damiansinc
    sdbernier wrote: »

^Agree with this :) You look amazing!

Thank you!
  • damiansinc
    gandssmith wrote: »
    So sorry to hear about your wife! One of my nearest and dearest friends lost his wife about 8 yrs ago at the age of 35. He too was left a single dad of 3 children from ages 4-14. I understand the struggle....from a close friends view (i would never insult you by saying I understand what it's like to stand in your shoes). But please never stop believing in your value! Every day you get up and physically, emotionally and spiritually make a conscious decision to face the day is a testament to your strength. That much I do know!

This was very kind of you. Thank you.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 385 Member
    edited May 2016
    You look absolutely amazing and the difference is HUGE. Congrats on the weight loss!

You do have value. Believe in yourself :smile:
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Good job! I'm also 6'2" and have lost 115 lbs and settled in at around 190 for now. I've had to replace all of my clothes twice! Some I might even have to replace a 3rd time. It's been expensive as hell but rewarding! I bought a new jacket the other day in size.. M! It fits perfect. Even the size L jacket I bought this last winter is now big on me. Feels amazing doesn't it? ;)
  • damiansinc
    HaleCry wrote: »
    You look absolutely amazing and the difference is HUGE. Congrats on the weight loss!

You do have value. Believe in yourself :smile:

Thank you so much
  • damiansinc
    Good job! I'm also 6'2" and have lost 115 lbs and settled in at around 190 for now. I've had to replace all of my clothes twice! Some I might even have to replace a 3rd time. It's been expensive as hell but rewarding! I bought a new jacket the other day in size.. M! It fits perfect. Even the size L jacket I bought this last winter is now big on me. Feels amazing doesn't it? ;)

Wow, congrats. 194 is the goal. Very inspiring
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!