Progress! Feeling Good Today. (PIC)

Options
knelson095
knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
Hello Lovely People!!
I just wanted to share with you the success I have had so far. This was my first legitimate, for realsies, attempt at losing weight. Of course I had dabbled in exercise, periodically watched what I ate, but never put any real effort in. Any weight I ever lost was entirely by accident, for my entire adult life I have been heavy. Heck, I was a chubby preteen and teenager, too. Ever since I was a child my family always just told me we were a heavier bunch and that it was just in our genes...this set me up with a defeatist attitude from the start. I never thought I could lose the weight, so I never even really tried. I don't know what made me start this exactly, but I was just so sick of being heavy. My hip kept getting a pinched nerve, my knees hurt, I was out of breath just going up one flight of steps...all of this already, and me, only 25 years old. So I started looking at this app, which I had used for like 2 weeks years ago, and decided to give it a go. The numbers and logic behind it appealed to me. And, surprise surprise, it is working!! It hasn't been fast, but I didn't really expect it to be...

I started at the end of July last year, so I have been counting pretty much everything I have eaten for 287 days now. As of today I have lost 42.2 lbs, so just about 1lb./week. When I added it all up I have lost over 29 inches all over, 4 of them from my waist, 6 from my hips. I can see my collar bones, my hip bones, the bones in my back, all of which may as well have not existed for all I could see of them until now, lol. I am currently less than 20 lbs. from my original (admittedly modest) goal. When (not if, WHEN) I get to that goal I will re-evaluate, but for now I am just pleased as punch to be where I am now. I never thought I could.

Thank you for reading my ramblings, lol. Here's my comparison picture (that's my dog Moose in the back, ha!). The before is Spring 2015, the after is today:

2v90v4krv1j6.jpg

Replies

• jenniferburns1989
    jenniferburns1989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started at 223 too. I'm thirty days in and already lost 10lbs
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Job well done!
  • knelson095
    Options
    I started at 223 too. I'm thirty days in and already lost 10lbs

Good job! I lost 8 the first month, sometimes a couple weeks go by and I stay stagnant, so don't panic if that happens to you! Good luck!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats on the 287 days of commitment too! I like your advice above about not panicking if you plateau for a while. Keep this in mind yourself now that you are in the "last 20 lbs" category!
  • knelson095
    Options
    Well done! Congrats on the 287 days of commitment too! I like your advice above about not panicking if you plateau for a while. Keep this in mind yourself now that you are in the "last 20 lbs" category!

For sure and thanks!! I'm used to the ups and downs now. I just keep going and the downward trend continues.
  • sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!! you look wonderful.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • nancyko
    nancyko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!! Awesome job!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. Proof to the rest of us that it IS possible. You look fantastic!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Moose doesn't look too thrilled but you look great
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • loreefabulous
    loreefabulous Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, congrats on your progress.
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! You look great :smiley:
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I used to think I was big because of my genes too..... Nope!
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look incredible! I am especially glad to hear you talk about plateaus. Even though it's not true, I am prone to believe my plan is not working if I have a week without weight loss.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I only ask because I started at 231 and am down to between 180 and 190. I never took before pics so your pics help puts my own loss into perspective. That's awesome and keep up the great work!
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Success stories are motivational to the rest of us.
  • barbara3213
    barbara3213 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look great :) Thanks for sharing!
  • will_bill
    will_bill Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!