Any Nigerian Scammers out there?

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
Inherit any money that you can't get out of the country?

Need my account number to laundry money through?

Hot female political prisoner that wants to exchange risque selfies?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I used to get emails 10 or 12 years ago. Loved them. I could keep them going for weeks.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    @285to170

Are you related to the Prince? If so,

Aladdin-handing-Jasmine-a-flower.gif
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    285to170 wrote: »
    :D:D:D As a Nigerian I'm here for the hilarity. My entire country has been labelled as fraudsters. LOL if you think those emails are funny you'd get a laugh from some of the stories people came up to me with while I was visiting.

Could you please be less gorgeous next time you post?

OP...I used to get those emails all the time, my poor mother had to be educated about WHICH emails not to fall for!
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    @285to170

Are you related to the Prince? If so,

Aladdin-handing-Jasmine-a-flower.gif

Ahahah! I swear 1/10 Nigerians are either royalty or related to royalty in some way. My "grand uncle" on my mothers side is the king of where I'm from. Which means absolutely nothing for me other than having a mandatory ridiculously lavish wedding.

Btw LOVE Aladdin.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    A girl I once worked with fell for a scam where a "Nigerian priest" was selling purebred Siberian Husky puppies. We all told her it's a scam. She argued that the guy is "really genuine - he's a priest!"

She sent him $300 for the puppy. Then she sends him $200 more because "the puppy broke out of its crate and needs a new one".

THEN she sent another couple hundred because of some other ridiculous made up thing, but she was able to retract that last couple hundred soon enough after she finally realized there was no damn puppy.

The real kicker is, this dumb b**** worked at an animal shelter of all places. Should have just adopted a freaking puppy!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    A girl I once worked with fell for a scam where a "Nigerian priest" was selling purebred Siberian Husky puppies. We all told her it's a scam. She argued that the guy is "really genuine - he's a priest!"

She sent him $300 for the puppy. Then she sends him $200 more because "the puppy broke out of its crate and needs a new one".

THEN she sent another couple hundred because of some other ridiculous made up thing, but she was able to retract that last couple hundred soon enough after she finally realized there was no damn puppy.

The real kicker is, this dumb b**** worked at an animal shelter of all places. Should have just adopted a freaking puppy!!

But huskies are the bestest:

9rla6gsaoegy.jpg
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The best was the episode of Dr. Phil where some lady got catfished by a guy passing himself off as a special forces guy named...wait for it...MAX MOOSE ADVISOR.

She said "I thought it was one of those crazy Southern names!"

And now I have my name for if/when I end up in witness protection.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

But huskies are the bestest:

9rla6gsaoegy.jpg

Too neurotic for my taste.
  • kevin3676
    kevin3676 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I popped on here to see if there was any "true confessions of Nigerian scammers." Lol I was disappointed.
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just had to do a moneygram counseling because aof fraud at work..

800 bucks from the lady sending money to nigeria..

Idk how it's our fault that she was naive enough to send her ssi check...

Anyway, just saying.
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Now when people try to send money out of the country i just tell them my machine is down
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I just had to do a moneygram counseling because aof fraud at work..

800 bucks from the lady sending money to nigeria..

Idk how it's our fault that she was naive enough to send her ssi check...

Anyway, just saying.

Oh man this makes me so sad