Need Help

dusjujr
dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
I have been weight lifting for 8 weeks now and I have been gaining weight. I workout 4 days with the weights and 2 days of cardio with Sundays being my rest day. My calories are set for 1700 a day. I use a food scale and measured everything I eat. I have been eating some of my exercise calories back. So what am I doing wrong? Because I know I can't believe that I'm putting on so much muscle.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Water retention. Not muscle if you're eating at a deficit.
  • bmware
    bmware Posts: 1 Member
    i am in the same boat... i've been logging food for 24 days straight, work out (body pump, grit, combat)- i mix it up a lot - got on the scale 3 wks in a row and gained weight - and the clothes are not loose...
    I think i may need a nutrtionist... maybe not eating the right foods at the right time? I buy organic~ eat tons of veggies.... no processed food (occassionally eat out an have vino)~ but i'd like to see some results too? has anyone been through this?
  • dusjujr
    bmware wrote: »
    i am in the same boat... i've been logging food for 24 days straight, work out (body pump, grit, combat)- i mix it up a lot - got on the scale 3 wks in a row and gained weight - and the clothes are not loose...
    I think i may need a nutrtionist... maybe not eating the right foods at the right time? I buy organic~ eat tons of veggies.... no processed food (occassionally eat out an have vino)~ but i'd like to see some results too? has anyone been through this?

I know....I was thinking lowing my calories to 1500 but that maybe hard to do!! I have to look at what I'm eating
  • dusjujr
    Water retention. Not muscle if you're eating at a deficit.

yes, I'm eating at a deficit
  • dusjujr
    And I run/jog 15-20 miles a week