Let's be fit friends,

Options
Not sure when my journey really started, I always say 2011 when I was 45, but the interest was always there. 2011 was when the cardio, weight training and diet all started to come together. It was this year I saw my abs for the first time. Damn near starved myself to do it, my diet is much more intelligent now, no more starvation!! I'm still learning a lot and gain so much motivation from the progress of others. Let's be friends and motivate each other to a better fitter future.

Replies

• DennisA70
    DennisA70 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been on an off here for a few years now, not really understanding the importance of using the message boards and creating a network of fit friends. Lost about 40 lbs a couple years back but put it all back on, because I didn't track and didn't stick to a routine. Working on making this my good and healthy habit.
  • 1shark1bite
    1shark1bite Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For me Dennis, the network gives me a group to be accountable to. Truth is first and for most you need to be accountable to yourself. But when your down and you see someone who has way farther to go and more challenges to get where they want to be pushing ahead each day despite all the obstacles they have. It's very motivating to me to get up a get going again!
  • shawnaleigh210
    shawnaleigh210 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For me Dennis, the network gives me a group to be accountable to. Truth is first and for most you need to be accountable to yourself. But when your down and you see someone who has way farther to go and more challenges to get where they want to be pushing ahead each day despite all the obstacles they have. It's very motivating to me to get up a get going again!

I agree completely. I've used MFP before, but I didn't add friends. This time around I decided to give it a try, and it has made such a huge difference for me. My fitness friends help motivate me, inspire me, and keep me accountable.

Feel free to add me if you'd like. ;) I'm pretty active on here, I log daily, and I love encouraging all of my fitness friends. ;)
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I agree. It is much easier to do this with friends! Its hard to find a good group of motivators since so many drop off, but I log in daily and try to track my food daily, so feel free to add me and I will do my best to motivate!!!
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    I just want to thank everyone for their comments and for joining my group of friend. Wishing you all success!!
  • Shelley_casey77
    Shelley_casey77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All of this is new to me. I was working out in a gym in the next town over from where I live, unfortunately, the gym is so small there are no showers so I was having to drive back and forth from gym to work to home, long story short I just bought equipment to work out at home and now am not motivated to do it alone. A friend told me about this site, and I have been logging my meals which has helped, now just looking for accountability partners who are willing to share work out plans, goals and motivation. TIA
  • Shh_niqua
    Shh_niqua Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new to MFP also! Welcome! I'd love more motivational friends and supportive online fitness buddies! I'm back at it again after losing 100 lbs 3 years ago and maintaining for 1.5 years but over the course of the last year I gained 20 lbs :disappointed::pensive: so I'm on MFP to lose these 20-25 lbs and get back into the best shape of my life! Congrats on the abs! They look good on ya :blush:
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

So true. Checking my feed and seeing that someone just busted their *kitten* makes me want to hit it hard too. The community aspect is what makes this really WORK.
  • adriansloan
    adriansloan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like you story line. Let be fit friends first and then move to support others so the can become friends who are fit. :smile:
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    Great input guys!! I was wondering what has been the most successful adjustment or habit you do that has helped you progress to your goal? Mine would be planning my meals for the week.
  • jaxtraxdiet
    jaxtraxdiet Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow so hitting the 50 mark well you look awesome. I'm 47 myself and my goal is to be in the best shape and healthiest, aging gracefully! ;) Welcome!
  • tarynbearyn
    tarynbearyn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    yup, tried this a while back with no friends, just tracking, and got bored really easily. Now I know there are friends to cheer me on, and people who will know if I stop tracking, or have cake for lunch!
  • DennisA70
    Options
    @1shark1bite meal planning has definitely helped me. Also creates fewer grocery store runs. Actually our local grocery store delivers orders over $100 so you can order groceries for the week and have them delivered to your door.

@tarynbearyn I too failed when I was just tracking. Having the network to interact with definitely helps
  • Rajveer29
    Rajveer29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @1shark1bite You truly are a motivation for all beginners like me. Adding you for continued motivation and support.
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    @jaxtraxdiet as I get older if find myself paying more and more attention to articles on aging and it's relationship to diet and fitness. What we eat and how we train makes a huge difference on how we age.
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    @tarynbearyn if your going to have cake make sure you leave a piece for the rest of us!!!
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    @DennisA70 I find I save money preplanning my food less food goes to waste and I don't eat cheap!
  • DennisA70
    Options
    @1shark1bite Right. I agree. Plus you can enter the meal plan in your food diary ahead of time. Keeps you motivated to stick with it.
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    @Rajveer29 I would like to be motivating so thank you. You have the ability to motivate as well, it doesn't matter how much you have to lose. The farther you have to go the greater the victory when you get there and the more motivating.