How do I stop stressing over food?

Options
I keep thinking of my next meal and what i'm having tomorrow...help!

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Distract yourself or just stop thinking about it. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's what I've learned to do and it helps. Are you diligently tracking? That makes it worse, cause you're always thinking about what will fit your calories and macros. Think..."it's just food". You can't let it control you. I have and it's ruined me and now I'm recovering from it. I don't track, but I eat mindfully and appropriately based on my knowledge of food when I was tracking and just common sense. I'd recommend to stop tracking and eat to your bodies signals and cues for hunger if tracking is causing a bad relationship with food
  • Cohalligan
    Cohalligan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try making up a week long meal plan which lays out every snack and meal. That way there is no reason to think of it. You've got it worked out already so you just eat what is accounted for on your meal plan.
  • kay_78
    kay_78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you're thinking about your next meal because you didn't plan it or because you're hungry and thinking about when you'll eat again? If it's stress over planning what works for me is to plan my meals and then grocery shop (also with a $$ budget in mind) to make the meals I planned. Then there is nothing to worry about. If your stress is driven by hunger you could try using more calories for snacks. I rarely drink calories so I have more calories for snacking.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Been on MFP for 3 years. I still do that.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Cohalligan wrote: »
    Try making up a week long meal plan which lays out every snack and meal. That way there is no reason to think of it. You've got it worked out already so you just eat what is accounted for on your meal plan.

This.