Close to goal. Setting a weekly loss...

Options
ssakcik
ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm now within a normal bmi and within 3 kg of what is my goal weight... I've got my weekly loss set at 1kg (1200 calories). I'm doing c25k (enter calories and eat them back). I'm finding it harder and harder to stay within my calories... So my question is being close to my goal weight should I aim for 0.5 kg a week (1460 calories I think) rather than 1200. I'm actually fairly happy with where I'm at atm... I don't want to look too slim... Quite like my womanly curvers, just happy to get rid of the wobbly bits lol. I'm 73.3 kg (161.6 lbs) and 1.72 'm (5.8") tall by the way.

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Usually when you get close to your goal, it's best to set your loss for .5 a week. It'll help you adjust to maintenance too.
  • ssakcik
    Options
    Thank you... That was what's was wondering... If getting harder and harder to stay within 1200 calories
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES. If the goal you choose sets your calorie limit to 1200, that is mfp's way of admitting that your goal is so aggressive that they won't help you meet it anyway. Be reasonable with this. Set your goal to the lowest available loss rate. That should work out to about a 500 calorie deficit per day and you'd be close to maintenance at that level AND you'd have a calorie limit closer to 1700 plus your c25k calories. It will likely take months to get the rest of the way down to your goal, but you'll be doing in a way that is so close to maintenance level eating that the transition to actual maintenance will not be difficult to achieve with very simple adjustments to the play you have. You don't get to quit counting calories, not for the rest of your life if you want to keep the excess weight off.
  • ssakcik
    Options
    Thank you. I've lost 9.3kg (20.5 lbs) since the New Year and have 3.3 kg (7.2 lbs) to go to my goal. I think setting it to 0.5 kg loss would work better now. Thanks for replying.
  • SJBanks89
    SJBanks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just did this yesterday. I am closer to my goal weight now and my MFP put my calories to 1490 too. I know tend to lose approx 0.5 lbs a week now and I started strength training into my exercise regime. I wish you the best of luck with your goals and maintenance!
  • ssakcik
    Options
    SJBanks89 wrote: »
    I just did this yesterday. I am closer to my goal weight now and my MFP put my calories to 1490 too. I know tend to lose approx 0.5 lbs a week now and I started strength training into my exercise regime. I wish you the best of luck with your goals and maintenance!
    Thank you. You too