Is diet soda bad for you?

Options
barbie934
barbie934 Posts: 20 Member
I want to know if Diet Coke is bad for you?

Replies

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Not when it is mixed with Bacardi
  • willammoney
    willammoney Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Maestro Don!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Well water tastes better than diet anything ;)
  • windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't drink any diet drinks. I actually stopped drinking soda all together.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Not when it is mixed with Bacardi

I personally prefer Sailor Jerry.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Another current thread on this topic:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10383994/diet-soda#latest

This topic comes up a few times every single day. Every single time there are people for & against.

I drink 1 or 2 diet sodas every day. It does not stop me from losing weight, and it does not trigger migraines for me.

All things in moderation.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's not great for your teeth.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I don't drink Diet Coke, I prefer the taste of Coke Zero. I'll have one, sometimes two, a day. If you only drank (diet) soda, I'm sure you'll get unwanted effects. Be aware of the caffeine content, it's high in Diet Coke. Like they say, everything in moderation. Some people react differently to many things, so what's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    If I do drink soda, which isn't very often, it's typically diet. Lets just say that it's better for you than a fully sugared up soda but worse for you than just drinking water. It's not the diet soda that's supposedly bad for you, it's the sweeteners. Studies have shown to do crazy things in animals but what happens in animals is not necessarily the case in humans and, even then, we're all different so it would have different affects from person to person.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    the stress of worrying if it's bad for you is 10x worse than any actual negative effects of diet soda.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I drink a couple a week. I feel like it should be done in moderation.
    When I go out to a local place that I used to drink at, they do not have juice. So now that I am not drinking I usually have a diet coke on ice. I do wonder if an ultra beer would be better for me.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't drink any diet drinks. I actually stopped drinking soda all together.

Waterd down juice is much tastyer than anything diet... well to me lol
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's bad for you if you react badly to it. Some people can't tolerate it, allergies, sensitivities, whatever. If you don't have any side effects drink up. If you don't want to drink it any more for whatever reason, then don't. I wouldn't worry about cancer studies because you can find a study for literally anything saying it'll give you cancer.

Personally I try not to drink it during the workweek since the caffeine keeps me up and I'm already a poor sleeper. Maybe try sparkling water instead? The carbonation sort of tricks your brain into thinking it's soda (at least for me).
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »

Waterd down juice is much tastyer than anything diet... well to me lol

I drink water, tea, juice or lemonade to treat myself.