has anyone ever tried online therapy

Options
sunn_lighter
sunn_lighter Posts: 7,893 Member
i heard an ad on the radio for this

wondering if anyone has tried it/liked it/though it was worth it. i quit therapy a couple weeks ago because of expense and time commitment :s this seems like it could be a good solution but it could also be kind of a joke kwim?

feel free to pm me if you don't want to respond here :)

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    sticker,375x360.u2.png
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    My fear of flying and elevators was solved with a therapist I got free through a work employee assistance program. It was awesome. Now the boy's therapist certainly isn't cheap but since he's my boy and priceless we'll stick with her. He can explore online therapy when he's paying. I don't see why it couldn't work though
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    We get one session covered a year. It's not cheap but hey kids. The husband needs to go get his claustrophobia dealt with but he refuses. I told him it helped me but he's a man what can you do. I loved seeing that lady I always felt so relaxed after and now have no issues at all flying and no more elevator disaster dreams
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I went to a therapist once before a couple time after i noticed she was telling me the same things over and over and they wernt working anyway i lost hope so to me therapy is joojoo
  • Big_YEET
    Big_YEET Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »
    I went to a therapist once before a couple time after i noticed she was telling me the same things over and over and they wernt working anyway i lost hope so to me therapy is joojoo

Mine kept treating my depression/anxiety as some *kitten* that I could "overcome" like it was a choice or something. How do I overcome a chemical imbalance in my brain?.. that's like telling someone with a broken arm to "just push through it, mind over matter!" Lol
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I used one via Skype. It was a few years ago, and I am not certain, but I think they have unfortunately gone out of business, but it was excellent. I was not able to go to my therapist as I was away for a few months helping my ill mother, and needed someone to talk things through with more than ever, and it was an amazing tool to have.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I used one via Skype. It was a few years ago, and I am not certain, but I think they have unfortunately gone out of business, but it was excellent. I was not able to go to my therapist as I was away for a few months helping my ill mother, and needed someone to talk things through with more than ever, and it was an amazing tool to have.
    thank you so much. i'll try it based on this. hopeful

Is your option over Skype as well? Non-verbal communication is so important.

Do please update us on how it goes.