Please can someone help me

Options
How many calories does a body blade burn in a ten min work out I am 26st 4 new to exercise did ten min body blade and ten min on exercise bike at home but can't work out the calls used I am 5ft 4 and 57 year old female please can anyone help I tried looking calories up on google nothing came up for body blade I am in hope someone on here may have one :(

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on what you did with it. Most BB routines look to be bodyweight work, so I'd call them "calisthenics".
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    10 mins here, 10 min there is a good start but isn't going to make a difference in your daily allowance. Give yourself 100 extra if you must.
  • SLIMMINGWORLDNO1
    SLIMMINGWORLDNO1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys a friend I emailed said same 100 cal for ten min he said aim for 5 x 10 min each day also I did ten on bike so at least I am moving more
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log anything under a 15 minute workout. I may note is as 1 calorie- but I wouldn't ascribe any significant calorie burn to it.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    mappeal67 wrote: »
    I think it's great that you're exercising and getting fit. I really admire anyone who tries to get fitness into their routine. How long have you been exercising now?
    Can I make a suggestion?
    After a week of regularly doing 10 minute sessions, you should try to extend yourself by upping the time to 11 minutes for a week. Then adding another minute each week and so on.
    In 5 weeks you'll be doing 15 minute intervals.
    I would also add walking to your routine. Go for a 10 minute walk away from your home or office. Then after 10 minutes turn around and walk back again. There's a 20 minute walk. See if you can go a bit further each week. It's easy to do and easy to log too.
    Good luck!!!

This is great advise , all journeys start with small steps, the first time I passed through MFP I was starting at 53 70 lbs overweight and having recently quit smoking after 40 years of smoking, and 32 years since i had done any serious exercise. For me it was just walking, I started walking part of the way home from work (initially i walked maybe 2.5-3km) I built that up to walking home 7km daily rain snow or sun. 5 months in I walked a half marathon and started cycling. Changes in life and jobs had me back at step one this past january, I just walked the same half marathon at a better pace than my prior go at it. I now cycle to work 16km (with a 125meter rise over the distance) and home (the fun ride mostly downhill) when i started working here I had given up on the idea of it because it seemed so far. it's now getting easier every day. If you look for Nentacular on here he started at about the same weight as you and just eating at a deficit and walking he managed to lose everything he needed to and is even running (I'm sure he never imagined that at the beginning) I'm starting C25K myself this month with a goal of Running the half marathon I walked next may
    Good luck keep with it consistency is the biggest thing you will get there
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    But when your my size and starting out ten min is good each day it's a start and I am proud not much to some but a mountain to me

No one is belittling the hard work it takes to make changes, but simply cautioning you not to ascribe too much calorie burn to exercise of a short duration as it can affect your weight loss success if you choose to eat more as a result.
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    No one is belittling the hard work it takes to make changes, but simply cautioning you not to ascribe too much calorie burn to exercise of a short duration as it can affect your weight loss success if you choose to eat more as a result.

Agreed! I wouldn't eat back calories from the exercises you're doing now. Exercise to my mind is about getting fit and toning up. It's about running for that bus and not having a heart attack en route.
    And it really does make you feel good. Slightly smug too!
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    And my post got curtailed. Not sure why. Here's the rest ( for what it's worth!)
    When you've increased your exercise to say, 30 mins exercise bike & 30 mins body blade then you might think about eating back a portion of the exercise calories. Does anyone have any stats about this?

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Negative nancies! Goodness. When I started at 227 a 10 minute workout was grand indeed. Then I added 2 minutes each week. I am currently down 47 lbs. and workout about 1hr 15 mins a day. Best idea is to log it all. You will increase your endurance, and still be able to show what you are doing. (This is a self rewarding tactic that will continue to motivate you towards success. Also, when adding exercise, search criteria. I do a booty shaking ab workout that is 11 minutes long, and add it as Aerobic general. Bike riding is also on the search tools. Just add your time to it. You may not see extremely large numbers of calories burned, but you will truly get there in the long run. Don't give up on trying. If you can only do 10 minutes, then try adding a 5 minute walk around the neighborhood to add to your times. Search for some great motivational friends, add them, and figure out what they are doing. You will be successful when you continue to better yourself. Best of luck to you.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    But when your my size and starting out ten min is good each day it's a start and I am proud not much to some but a mountain to me

It is a fantastic start, and you should be proud.

But don't get caught up in the number of calories burned. 10 minutes of calisthenics is mostly beneficial because it will start improving your mobility, your strength, your cardio. But if you fall into the thinking that you've earned extra calories to eat back, you'll likely quickly find yourself undermining all your hard working sweat sessions. If ten minutes on the body blade is 100 calories, that's somewhere in the order of two oreo cookies.

Keep in mind that there are different goals in getting fit:
    • losing weight - do it in the kitchen
    • feeling good - do it with exercise