Let's be fit friends,

Options

Replies

• 1shark1bite
    1shark1bite Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's a good point @DennisA70 . I'm almost down to my goal weight once I am I'll start tracking my meals to see where exactly I'm at and to decide what adjustment I want to make going into maintenance.
  • Snowhite61
    Snowhite61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just sent requests to all of you :smiley: I'm recovering from a long illness and surgery, and just went back to the gym last week. I'm so out of shape, it's a little discouraging. I'm pretty shy, so I don't post very much. I do read other people's posts, and sometimes I comment. I think following a food and exercise plan has been the biggest help for me.
  • alysonfox17
    alysonfox17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've used MFP before but have always fallen off. Having a community of fitness friends would be awesome - feel free to add me
  • jaxtraxdiet
    jaxtraxdiet Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @1shark1bite Same here I read and research all the time about that as well. I try to eat as clean and as whole as I can, and really try to not beat myself up for slipping once in a while. I see women and men in their senior years who are fit and so healthy and vibrant. That's what I want to be. My mom turns 70 next month and she's is so healthy and looks amazing, she's my role model, and fortunately I have her good genes! Yay! ;)
  • Tiffs_Journey2016
    Tiffs_Journey2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone :blush: I just made an account and I'm super excited to start getting healthy again. A little about myself: I am graduating in a few weeks from college with my bachelors in psychology. When I first started college I was 130 pounds and now that I am graduating I am at 205 pounds :neutral: I ran cross country and did track and field in high school so I was incredibly fit and ran about 4-8 miles a day, however when I started college I stopped working out completely and continued the same diet of 3,000 calories a day or more! This is how I gained all the weight. I have been trying to get back in shape for the last few years but I always gain the weight right back. I'm very serious about making changes and I know I can do it with the support of myfitnesspal friends :smile: !!! ADD me and lets start supporting!
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    @jaxtraxdiet that is one for sure the learning never ends!
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    @Tiffs_Journey2016 I quite often say enjoy the journey to your goals!! It will take a bit of time for you to get back to where you once were and once your there, you can even start working on becoming even better!! Fantastic team of support here on MFP, welcome to the team!:-)
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    Once a gain I would like to thank everyone for their comments. So what you you say is your number one challenge in sticking with your diet plan?
  • KiraCharman
    KiraCharman Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, My name's Kira and I am on here after coming out of a bad relationship in August where I was truly unhappy and gained ALOT of weight due to eating my feelings, So i got rid of the ex and started focussing on myself :) If anyone fancys adding me feel free always on the lookout for new friends and If anyone needs any inspirational recipes i also run a HEALTHY recipe club on facebook, message me for the link :) Keep up the hard work guys
  • lindseyramsey2003
    lindseyramsey2003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started my journey yesterday and I know it's a tough road but I hope talking to people on here will help me stick to it
  • georgebrown1122
    georgebrown1122 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started my journey in December when I hit 13st 2lbs I am now 10st 6lbs and was wondering if you could give me nutrition advice of how now to maintain? I have very little fat left which I am getting rid of but know I can get there. It was just more on the nutrition side any help?
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    @KiraCharman I'm a pretty plain eater so maybe some of your recipes will come in handy!
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    @lindseyramsey2003 we all have to start somewhere. Just getting started is a big step!!
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    @georgebrown1122 I'll send you a friend request so we can talk some more. I would need some more information before I could really help you out.
  • AnthonyEj
    AnthonyEj Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and girls of course :D add up looking for a large support community and helping others out along their journey. Looking forward to meeting y'all. :)
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    Welcome to our group! @AnthonyEj
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all my Mom friends! Moms are the best!!!
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Once a gain I would like to thank everyone for their comments. So what you you say is your number one challenge in sticking with your diet plan?

Firstly, an inspiring physique you have there sir.
    I'm 32 and would be glad to change bodies with you:)

I'm a sugar junkie, so that's been my main obstacle.
    I've cut down since I started training again a month ago and am planning to start IF from this week, so that I can completely kill this addiction of mine.
    My diet is generally on point, it's just the 3 spoons of sugar with my coffees which are slowing my progress.

• memotic
    memotic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Please feel free to add me as well, looking for motivators and to help motivate others!
  • 1shark1bite
    Options
    @MalcolmX1983 sugars can be a tough one, I find most people eat too many carbs and processed foods. Everyone is a bit different as to what works best for them. Sugars and carbs Dan be such comfort foods making them even harder to resist.