diary question for working with personal trainer

Options
Hi. How do I enter my workout and exercise in my diary from working with a personal trainer at the gym? If I manually enter, how would I know calories. burned? Thanks!

Replies

• kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hit exercise tab then for instance if you lift weights list the machine use and then number of reps and yes the calorie total will come up example Chest press 65 pound weight 3 sets of 10 reps per set the total number of calories burned will show on the exercise diary and under the total caloire eaten on that bottom part of the page.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hit exercise tab then for instance if you lift weights list the machine use and then number of reps and yes the calorie total will come up example Chest press 65 pound weight 3 sets of 10 reps per set the total number of calories burned will show on the exercise diary and under the total caloire eaten on that bottom part of the page.

@kirstinethornburg - Actually MFP doesn't give calories for exercises logged under strength. It only gives calories for cardio workouts and is why they added a " Strength training " in the database under cardio.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/11170-why-don-t-you-calculate-calories-burned-for-strength-training-
  • ginger0376
    ginger0376 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    is there any way to combine a whole session as one, somehow, versus listing each thing separately? when I work with my trainer we do several things in my hour session.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I consider my workouts with my trainer as a bonus - I only log steady state cardio and any extra cals from Fitbit steps. Once I learned here that strength training actually burns very little extra calories while you are doing it, it made sense. My deficit is 1 lb a week but I've averaged closer to 1 1/2 due to strength training. If you do a faster paced kind of workout, you could try using circuit training from the cardio section and see if that works for you.
  • reyoflightphoto
    reyoflightphoto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ginger0376 wrote: »
    is there any way to combine a whole session as one, somehow, versus listing each thing separately? when I work with my trainer we do several things in my hour session.

You can copy it all over to other days. Just click on quick tools located under your logged exercises.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    ginger0376 wrote: »
    An hour WON'T usually be more than 300 calories burned. Even if it is an intense lifting session.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png