The perfect breakfast

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I usually have a 4 egg white omelet with spinach and top it with some fermented vegetables like kimchi or fermented beets. Also usually a bowl of oats with peanut butter or whole grain toast with peanut butter. On weekends I do all kinds of stuff because I have the time.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of oatmeal, quinoa flakes, or now some organic shredded whole wheat, all in the 140-150 calorie serving size. I add half a cup of 2%, or soy milk (whatever I have in the fridge) and some fruit/ dried fruit of my choice. Sometimes I have eggs or smoked salmon, or add a smaller portion to my carb meal for some added protein in the morning. I find the protein addition really makes me feel full.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a vegetable omelet -- 2 eggs, some kind of green (spinach, kale, or chard), some other vegetable, maybe some mushrooms and feta cheese. I usually have smoked salmon or cottage cheese on the side for a bit more protein.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Cliff bar or a tub of Greek yogurt. Grab and go.
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I usually prep breakfasts and lunches for week time on the weekend. I do a veggie/egg bake that when cut into 12 pieces is 109 calories with lots of nice veggies (whatever kind you like). So easy to grab and eat (even cold) when I'm on the run or heat for 30 seconds in microwave. That with 100 grms of fruit is great. Also, love overnight oats in mason jars of all kinds - favorite is just 0% Greek yogurt, oats, almond/coconut milk & dash of cinnamon and vanilla (can also add whatever fruits) Higher in calories but good. When all else fails a banana with natural peanut butter eats the spot. And of course, coffee!
  • LookingforWhatsHerName
    LookingforWhatsHerName Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating a frozen blueberry waffle with 8 grams of peanut butter, a small banana, and a fried egg. I also have 2 cups of coffee with milk and sugar. Comes in under 350 cals usually and for some reason the combo is really satisfying to me. No matter what my current breakfast kick is, it ALWAYS includes eggs.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I prep a crap load of egg white mcmuffins some random weekend morning and throw them in the freezer. Then I get one or two out in the morning and warm up in the microwave at work. Lately, I have been having it with non-fat Greek yogurt I mix with frozen berries, vanilla extract and Truvia. Nom.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yogurt "parfait"

Chobani - Greek Yogurt - Lemon Blended, 5.3 oz 130 calories
    GV Frozen Raspberries - Raspberries, 0.25 cup 20 calories
    Sliced Almonds - Sliced Almonds, 1 tbsp 40 calories
    Kashi - Golean Cereal Original, 0.5 cup (58 g) 72 calories

262 calories 18g protein 9g fiber

Protein, fat & fiber keep me full all morning.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with some greek yogurt mixed in and then some berries or bananas if I have any on hand.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My favorite for week days is 2 eggs scrambled with about 50g of shredded chicken thighs and green onions in a wrap.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having the same breakfast most days, peanut butter and jam oatmeal. About 32g dry oats, 10g wheat bran, 10g cocoa powder, cinnamon, water, 12g PB2, 70g egg whites, and when it's cooked I add 12g peanut butter and 30g low-sugar-high-fruit raspberry jam. About 400 calories but one of the few breakfasts I've found that keeps me full til noon!
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Two slices of Pepperidge Farm white Italian bread (160 cals) with 100 grams of avocado (160 cals) mashed and spread on top. Little bit of black pepper. I've been eating avocado like crazy lately (and greek yogurt). I keep full for five-six hours at a time. :)
  • keri141
    keri141 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today I made 2 ingredients pancakes;
    Banana
    Egg

They were very hard to flip but lovely and sweet with no added sugar :)
  • dkolotos
    dkolotos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Time is my issue too. I buy prepared (and peeled) hard boiled eggs by the dozen at my supermarket. Then for breakfast I have one egg, one piece of baby bell cheese, half a kosher dill pickle and finish off with a cutie orange. Less than 200 calories.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you plan to not have time for breakfast, overnight oats. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00AVaYr2aoA
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Cereal and low-fat milk for me. Since this is my company provides for free.
  • gmhenry2014
    gmhenry2014 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I enjoy an omlette with a whole egg & 2 egg whites & throw in whatever veggies are in the fridge. Sometimes top off with a little hard cheese, plus oatcakes - easy to eat on the move!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a cup of great coffee and a bowl of bran flakes with tons of chilled berries on top, splash of milk.

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    jen_bush wrote: »
    I love 2 pieces of wholegrain toast with lght philadephia cheese (garlic and herbs one) - quick, filling and only 160ish calories!

Sounds great!