Benefits of Cinnamon

Options
itsmrswynn
itsmrswynn Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys! Has anyone tried putting cinnamon sticks in your water??? A PT told me that it works (speeds up metabolism). Just curious of the benefits. :)

Replies

• aureum79
    aureum79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I put cinnamon in my green tea don't know tough if it works.Have lost some weight but basically by eating clean
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    It won't speed up your metabolism. It might taste good and encourage you to drink more water. Staying hydrated is always good. So it's not going to hurt you it will be just like drinking any other infused water.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've been taking a cinnamon supplement and using it to flavor my food, but the results are wary on whether or not it helps regulate blood sugar. Some studies have shown it effective for diabetic patients, but others have not. I think it can't hurt, so I take it, but I know full well that it's not a completely backed practice and could be a waste of effort. When it's a culinary addition it's usually never a waste of effort... it's tasty.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Rolls with cinnamon on them is my first choice but not to rev up metabolism.

Want to rev up the ole metabo... Hit the weights, do some cardio, increase your protein, put on some muscle, hydrate, hydrate and hydrate, and EAT your food every day!!
  • Norhanobe
    Norhanobe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What also works but a little unhealthy for your body but I've lost 5lbs. Warm water cayenne pepper fresh squeezed lemon . Drink up to 6 glasses and only eat veggies and salad really helps to loose belly fat but also work out don't rely on that only. Do your crunches, squats , running /jogging. There are so many apps to help you loose weight and motivate you to push yourself .
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Norhanobe wrote: »
    What also works but a little unhealthy for your body but I've lost 5lbs. Warm water cayenne pepper fresh squeezed lemon . Drink up to 6 glasses and only eat veggies and salad really helps to loose belly fat but also work out don't rely on that only. Do your crunches, squats , running /jogging. There are so many apps to help you loose weight and motivate you to push yourself .

Why would you recommend unhealthy weight loss methods?
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I tried taking a daily cinnamon supplement for 6 months. Besides the fact that I really like the taste, I wanted to test the hype to see if there was any physical change in my blood chemistry, blood pressure, and overall health. After comparing my lab results before and after, there was no difference. Stick to the fundamental formula of exercise more to increase your metabolism.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

I haven't done any of that and have had pizza and beer regularly and I've lost 20lbs. So, nope.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on adding some cinnamon to my mexican coffee tonight for Cinco de Mayo. This will be after chips, salsa, queso, fish tacos, guacamole, and several Coronas.

Yeah for a sped up metabolism!!! /sarcasm.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon rolls.

That and cinnamon toast. Pretty much any type of bread benefits from cinnamon. Now I want cinnamon rolls.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

latest?cb=20140411182123
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Which one of those things that you tried do you think was most responsible for the 5 lb loss?

Hint - the calorie deficit...

Everything else you mentioned is unnecessary.

• Carlos_421
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Which one of those things that you tried do you think was most responsible for the 5 lb loss?

Hint - the calorie deficit...

Everything else you mentioned is unnecessary.

Not to mention that "eat only veggies and salad" is just bad advice...
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I'm planning on adding some cinnamon to my mexican coffee tonight for Cinco de Mayo. This will be after chips, salsa, queso, fish tacos, guacamole, and several Coronas.

Yeah for a sped up metabolism!!! /sarcasm.

Hell yeah! And don't forget to make room for the quesadillas and margaritas.