2»

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Norhanobe wrote: »
    What also works but a little unhealthy for your body but I've lost 5lbs. Warm water cayenne pepper fresh squeezed lemon . Drink up to 6 glasses and only eat veggies and salad really helps to loose belly fat but also work out don't rely on that only. Do your crunches, squats , running /jogging. There are so many apps to help you loose weight and motivate you to push yourself .

Which one of those things that you tried do you think was most responsible for the 5 lb loss?

Hint - the calorie deficit...

Everything else you mentioned is unnecessary.

Not to mention that "eat only veggies and salad" is just bad advice...

It might not be so bad if it's a chicken or steak salad. But for each meal not having much protein or any sweets? Hell no!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    cinnamon isn't going to speed up your metabolism...get a new PT.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yay cinnamon! put it on toast, in coffee, in porridge, in shakes, in rice, in curries, in stir fries! Basically everything.

Does nothing for weight loss though.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    What also works but a little unhealthy for your body but I've lost 5lbs. Warm water cayenne pepper fresh squeezed lemon . Drink up to 6 glasses and only eat veggies and salad really helps to loose belly fat but also work out don't rely on that only. Do your crunches, squats , running /jogging. There are so many apps to help you loose weight and motivate you to push yourself .

Wow. No, just no. OP do not listen to this crap. You admit this is unhealthy, yet you do it anyway and go as far to recommend it.

So, you've cut out protein and fat from your diet. Your hair, skin, nails, organs, hormones, mental health and teeth are going to suffer. And, if you get sick, good luck on getting better.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Bun Ben and Jerry's.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Lord007 wrote: »
    I tried taking a daily cinnamon supplement for 6 months. Besides the fact that I really like the taste, I wanted to test the hype to see if there was any physical change in my blood chemistry, blood pressure, and overall health. After comparing my lab results before and after, there was no difference. Stick to the fundamental formula of exercise more to increase your metabolism.

Anecdotal evidence that shows the opposite ... I started taking cinnamon supplements after already losing the weight and maintaining so my diet did not change but my cholesterol and sugar levels did. I was once pre-diabetic and am no longer and my cholesterol went down overall, particularly my triglycerides. It took me 4 months to see a change. Because I have ulcerative colitis (in remission), I have regular bloodwork done once a quarter to ensure my kidney and liver function is normal because of the meds so I get everything checked.

I imagine that different body chemistries = different results. As a weight loss tool? I don't see cinnamon being one but I think it can affect overall health for some, like me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Yeah. Don't do this. This, too, is woo.