Allergy friendly low carb recipes

Options
caliirishfan
caliirishfan Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2016 in Recipes
Hi everyone. Need some help. I'm one of those people who are allergic to everything. It's hard to find things I can eat and get excited about that are healthy. I'm allergic to bananas, strawberries, tomatoes, nuts and dairy. Would love to see what you have that works around all this. Thank you!

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Eziekiel bread (from Whole Foods or Trader Joes)
    Toasted w avocado is really good and healthy.
  • caliirishfan
    caliirishfan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try looking at some paleo AIP (autoimmune protocol) recipes. Those will be low carb, dairy free, nut free and tomato free. Are you allergic to coconut too? Here are some ideas: seared tuna with mango salsa (mango, avocado, red onion, cucumber, cilantro, garlic, salt, olive oil lime); roasted broccoli or cauliflower with garlis and olive oil; grilled asparagus with rosemary and lemon juice; ground chicken mixed with onion, garlic and sage; stir fries with meat and veggies you're not allergic to (skip the rice), pork shoulder cooked in the crock pot with salt, garlic, onion, oregano, and vinegar served with cauliflower mash; ground lamb patties made with mint, rosemary, sea salt and lemon and served on top of greens.
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I swear by the FODMAP diet. everything seems to upset my stomach, and this has really REALLY helped me. just google the FODMAP diet. even my GI doctor recommended this to me.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    You really can eat quite a bit, you just have to get creative. Honestly from the list, dairy is probably the hardest. Try being allergic to wheat, corn, dairy & several fresh fruits & vegetables due to Oral Allergy Syndrome.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Of course all the animal proteins are available to you - meat, fish, canned options like tuna and sardines. I roll my cold cuts up and dip in mustard for a quick fix. I love olives to fix a salt craving - so low cal but they hit the spot - lots of options both gourmet and super affordable. Not sure if you can do eggs but egg white protein mixed with a little fruit in the blender is a great high-protein meal-replacement or snack. Stews and soups are wonderful as well - I put just a tiny bit of potatoes in so not too high in carbs but feels really filling.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Hummus, mayo, dark meat chicken, tofu, hemp and chia seeds.