I'm 4lbs away from my goal weight and i hate my body more now then when i was fat.

Options
Krisstastic_
Krisstastic_ Posts: 311 Member
edited May 2016 in Motivation and Support
I tried so desperately to get into lifting weights.. i did the circuits at the gym, joined group classes, downloaded apps on my phone.. but in all honesty, i hate it so much i would rather choke on my own vomit. Now i am at the point where i have so much loose skin, i don't even think it would help anyway and its very depressing. 30 years old and i take my clothes off and i look 90. i Spent my entire 20's being single cause i was too fat no man wanted me, now im gonna spend the rest of my life still single because i look like a god damn train wreck.

So here is my advice to everyone out there starting your journey, dont f*** up like i did, do yourselves a favor, lift some weights, cause in the end youre going to look like a wrinkled old hag just like me.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,096 Member
    Options
    Oh, sweetheart. Take it easy on yourself. Your body is going to continue to improve with time. I find if I do things I love, it helps. Swimming, hiking, kayaking, bike riding...all can be forms of resistance training.

You haven't effed it up. There will be plenty of guys who will be thrilled to be with you. ((hug))
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Stop it. You're beautiful. Your body is not done changing - I'm sure some of your loose skin will snap back over time!
  • Nathanae
    Nathanae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been there! I wanted to start gaining weight just to make my belly and breasts look less flabby and I hated myself just as much as when I was fatter! It takes time, but if you keep exercising and use body lotions regularly, maybe go to a sauna and exfoliate every now and then - it does get better, it just needs time!!
    Don't give up because of that!!
    (yes, I do buy the "skin tightening" lotions, like the one from Dove, nothing fancy or expensive, but I am not sure if they actually do do anything that a normal lotion wouldn't do)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    It's not too late to do some strength training. It doesn't have to be weight lifting. Pilates, yoga, biking, swimming--any of these would help build some lean muscle. Keep at it until you find one you like.

And I agree with CealR--consider seeing a therapist. You've accomplished so much, and all you can focus on is the negatives. You need someone to help you develop a healthier image of yourself. None of us are perfect; we all have things we don't like about ourselves. But you need to find the things you DO like about yourself and focus in on those things. You're a beautiful young lady. A therapist can help you find the confidence to enjoy your life and the positive attributes you have.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbSqpUWSoYXRM47zlTv5p221wsFsaluugSlXLIdT2WTajIm8Lyxw

Oh, please don't be sad...the posters above are right...so much can change over time Start doing weight lifting now..it can still make all the difference in the world. Not just physically but mentally and emotionally. It can clear your head, make you feel empowered and strong. :)

Pick yourself up Girl, dust yourself off and keep moving forward... <3

I'm so sorry you're in pain but please don't give up. You've done wonderful things for your body. You've so much healthier than before you started the weight loss There are some insurance companies that do pay for skin reduction for health issues, it might be something you can discuss with your doctor if it's something they feel is hindering your health (the extra skin folds)

You take care Hon xo

@Krisstastic_
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    There is always surgery lovely. I had similar concerns but with another body issue and I am not saying surgery is a must, but it's improved my life so much and I am so glad I did that for myself and that I no longer have to hate certain parts of my body. The pain, discomfort that's gone too - is well worth the few very faded away scars xxx I also hated my body so much before - and I was only 20... I knew it was something that would never change, but I was done being miserable.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I agree - you will see skin tighten more over time. Give a good 6-12 months before you make any determinations. Weight lifting and increased muscle mass have many benefits but I don't know skin tightening to be one of them.

The other thing is we all look one way dressed and another undressed. There are huge variations in bodies at all ages - getting naked provokes insecurity for many women. People don't judge us nearly as harshly as we judge ourselves thankfully and you will undoubtedly meet people who find you very beautiful.

For now, focus on the benefits of weight loss outside of how you look naked: feeling healthy, lighter, better wardrobe options and knowing you are super disciplined and capable of accomplishing great things as this endeavor proves!

If after some time you still have excess skin you'd like to address, there are skin tightening lasers and surgery as options.

But, I get it - weight loss can be anti-climatic. For me, I realize I'm just a somewhat smaller version of myself - same flaws, same lumpy body - but it's still better than being heavy.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    You're still young- your skin is more elastic and will likely rebound more. It seems I've read it can take up to 2 years to see your best results. If you lost your weight fairly quickly, the loose skin will be more exaggerated as well. I'm nearing 50 and losing slowly, but figure I will be stuck with the loose skin. It bothers me some- I'd like to be able to wear short sleeve shirts and I worry about what my husband sees- but compared to my health & mobility, it's no big deal. When someone loves you, they'll see you, not the skin. Focus on new goals and try to have a positive attitude- that's what people find attractive. :)
  • Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    CealR wrote: »
    With all the love and kindness in the world, may I suggest that you engage a therapist? MFP forums are great for some things, but the amount of self-loathing that you managed to squeeze into this short post is well beyond anything anybody here could help you with, nor was your post helpful to anyone at any stage in their health journey.

Maybe I'm just reading this harsher than its meant to sound, but sounds more dismissive of this poor woman's feelings than supportive. Forums are meant to be filled with suggestions, advice and support, and what you've basically said is take your issues elsewhere because no one else should have to read this!

Krisstastic_, while I say the above, I agree in part with this post. Maybe if you suffer so strongly with poor vision of yourself, you should seek some assistance...it doesn't have to be full blown therapy, but could be something like a mind and body class at your local gym if they offer them. They can be very good for balancing your emotions. But whatever route you decide to take, don't feel like you can't share your thoughts and feelings on here. There are many people who have similar visions of themselves as you do and are probably thankful that they aren't alone.

You should be incredibly proud of yourself for what you have achieved. Keep your chin up...your are beautiful inside and out, and one day, unexpectedly, your prince charming will arrive and see you for exactly what you are.

Much love being sent your way xx
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Ya know what? It's going to get better. You know what else? Even if your skin texture didn't change visibly, one day you are going to meet someone who WON'T CARE. Really... you're obviously very attractive, and I would assume you have a fabulous personality too; the right guy, at the right time in your life, honestly won't be put off by something like loose skin. Trust me, I wouldn't lie to you xo
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry to hear you feel so bad about yourself, and perhaps therapy could help you learn to love yourself. you've achieved a great deal, but weight loss isn't a magic bullet. the good news is that some your beliefs aren't based in reality.

my husband married me when i was over 100 pounds overweight and 49 years old, and as i'm losing weight, my face is sagging, but you know what? we're still very happy together. a close relative's long-term GF is over 300 pounds, and he adores her just as she is. the thing is, it's harder to meet people when you look uncomfortable, and people who feel very unattractive usually do. my daughter is overweight, 39 and not only do i think she's pretty - guys ask her out all the time.

when you're more comfortable with yourself, other people can be comfortable with you.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I tried so desperately to get into lifting weights.. i did the circuits at the gym, joined group classes, downloaded apps on my phone.. but in all honesty, i hate it so much i would rather choke on my own vomit. Now i am at the point where i have so much loose skin, i don't even think it would help anyway and its very depressing. 30 years old and i take my clothes off and i look 90. i Spent my entire 20's being single cause i was too fat no man wanted me, now im gonna spend the rest of my life still single because i look like a god damn train wreck.

So here is my advice to everyone out there starting your journey, dont f*** up like i did, do yourselves a favor, lift some weights, cause in the end youre going to look like a wrinkled old hag just like me.

I know this is old, but idk what you're talking about. You are very pretty.