If you had a chance for a "do-over" in life, what would you do differently?

Options
Goldsby318
Goldsby318 Posts: 2,150 Member
If you had a chance for a "do-over" in life, what would you do differently?

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I'd say skip the first hub too, but without that, there'd be no kids....so not that...I'd say my do-over would be a blanket statement like "Don't trust everyone so much, especially when they've already shown you they cant be trusted!" :s
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I made the decisions I did under the pressure of, and with the best knowledge available to me at, that time. My mistakes sheered off quite a bit of arrogance, beat me down, forced me to grow, made me stronger, made me more empathetic and compassionate to others, and turned me into the man I am today. I wouldn't change a damned thing.
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would have definitely started Martial Arts (especially boxing, kickboxing & wrestling) at a MUCH earlier age; along with bodybuilding
  • Goldsby318
    Goldsby318 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'd say skip the first hub too, but without that, there'd be no kids....so not that...I'd say my do-over would be a blanket statement like "Don't trust everyone so much, especially when they've already shown you they cant be trusted!" :s

I agree completely.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I feel blessed to be overall happy with who I am and the decisions I made to get here.

I'm also lucky and got to say my peace to all my relatives who passed away while they were still alive and coherent and as much the person that meant so much to me as at any point in their lives.

I might would stress a little bit less about some of the people and forces that tried to alter who I was, and pay attention more to certain things so I could be a better support to some of my friends and family.

But overall, I'm good.
  • IrmaC94
    IrmaC94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My marriage, I would have fought harder for it to work. My kids have tremendously suffered the consequences of two adults who are unable to successfully co-parent.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    I would never have remarried...
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    It would be great to change some things , but alot of the bad choices were learning curves and turned me into the great person i am today.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I would go back to my early twenties self and start lifting instead of cardio-ing and starving myself to death.
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Never fall in love.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'd do grad school right after my undergrad. And in general took my studies much more seriously... I could've been where I am now 10 years ago - unbelievable how much time I lost...
  • abrunner1
    abrunner1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    loved myself earlier in life
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Not conformed to what was expected when it wasn't what I truly wanted or believed.
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have stayed together with a specific Marine for almost 9 years
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    wouldn't have gone to law school.