Rings and deadlifts?

Options
2»

Replies

• ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I always take my ring off before deadlifts.
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    hill8570 wrote: »
    Well, well. Guess I've been lucky to make it this far with the ring on. Guess I'll have to figure out where to stash it during gym time.

@SonyaCele -- no, still using DOH for my lifts. I practice with mixed and hook grip (ow!), but I've been saving them for when I feel bar rotation starts becoming an issue. Generally grip has been the least of my worries. I use liquid chalk, which seems to work OK for me.

@deluxmary2000 -- the bed-head and lack of makeup won't save you -- a woman in the power rack or deadlifting is automatically hot :wink:

Thanks, all!

I have a consistent place, the front cup holder of my car's console where the ring is stored during gmy time.

Same here exactly
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I take my ring off as well.

The best thing I've done for deads was also invest in a hand pumice stone. I scrape every week after deads with some body wash on the stone.

• HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    TAKE YOUR RING OFF!!!

Google "degloving"... actually don't. Basically the bar will rip your skin off of your hand, 'de-gloving' you because of the ring. NEVER, EVER WEAR A RING WHILE DEADLIFTING (worthy of all caps)
  • oedipuss
    oedipuss Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I remove my ring for safety purposes.

Keeping them on will also encourage big callouses and the knurls on an Oly bar will mash up the surface of the ring making very deep scratches.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Love my Qalo ring for when I'm active. If you want to have one on, that's the best option. And they're really cheap.

I wear it even when I'm lazy now. In fact, I wear it all the time.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Just coming back to thank everyone again. Left the ring in the car this morning, and hit 5RM 310 DOH with no grip pain whatsoever. Nice! Next week three plates!